Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comments on Profile Post by Miraviel

1. SparklySheep
    SparklySheep
    Was it choosing to play here?
    Jun 15, 2018
  2. Manored
    Manored
    Everyone starts off as a newb.

Ha! Silly newbs!
    Jun 15, 2018
    Miraviel likes this.
  3. BlueFishie
    BlueFishie
    Git gud, scrub!
    Jun 15, 2018
    Manored and Miraviel like this.
  4. Miraviel
    Miraviel
    Oh, no, I absolutely love playing here. I made other mistakes.

The very first day of my E-3 explorer character, I saluted the SEA - who else but Hoot. Later that shift I made a bit snarky remark about how long his title is on the medical frequency, thinking he had no access to it. Hilarity ensued.
    Jun 15, 2018
    Manored likes this.
  5. Miraviel
    Miraviel
    The same day I ran four laps around the Torch until I realized the Bridge isn't on the first deck's fore (despite the blue airlocks) but on an entirely separate level.

Also, for two weeks I had no idea where the Aquila or the Petrov was, only heard about them existing. Somewhere. Probably on the Torch.
    Jun 15, 2018
    Manored likes this.
  6. TcOne
    TcOne
    At least you didn't start as only engineer and didn't blow the entire thing at your first day.
    (Did that, not the actual first day, like second, maybe)
    Jun 15, 2018
    Miraviel and Manored like this.
  7. Monitor Lizard
    Monitor Lizard
    My first ever character was called Jack Lizard. I ran into a unathi almost immediately.
    Jun 15, 2018
  8. Manored
    Manored
    There are two types of engineer players: Those who have blow up the ship at least once, and those who have never touched the engine.

Also, there's no map where I was ever able to always know where each department was, despite having played embarrassingly long on some. To be fair the Luna was an unholy clusterfuck.
    Jun 16, 2018
    Miraviel likes this.
  9. Virgil
    Virgil
    Mistakes happen. I make them all the time. It's all fun.
    Jun 16, 2018
    Miraviel, Jakeflex and Manored like this.
  10. Miraviel
    Miraviel
    I think my first SM setup went with an hour of memorization of its wiki page, observing someone of the previous round, then setting it up in 30 minutes or so, checking everything twice... And then instantly ahelping "oh god did I do it right please tell me it won't blow up anytime". Safety level 100.
    Jun 17, 2018
    Manored likes this.
  11. Earthcrusher
    Earthcrusher
    If you ever think you fucked up, just remember that one time I clicked the "Immovable Rod" button in the Adminbus Secrets window, thinking it'd give me a confirmation window.

It didn't.
    Jun 18, 2018
  12. Manored
    Manored
    What does such a button do?
    Jun 18, 2018