Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accepted [ACCEPTED] SierraKomodo - Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Game Moderators - Archive' started by SierraKomodo, Aug 4, 2017.

?

Trial Timer

Poll closed Aug 11, 2017.
  1. This poll lasts

50.0%
  2. the duration of the trial

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SierraKomodo

SierraKomodo Command Keyword Detected Developer Game Moderator

BYOND Key: SierraKomodo

In UTC, what time range do you usually play in?: 19:00 to 07:00 are the usual times I'm awake and at a computer. I spend this time playing in round, or doing something else, depending on what I feel like doing at the time, but can set a specific schedule to be on server at certain times in the day as a moderator. NOTE: I will be out of town this month from the 17th to the 24th and my laptop cannot run SS13

Names of characters you play in BS12:
    - Ariana Eshlian (Medical Contractor)
    - D'mi'nka K'rilisav (NT Pilot)
    - E.C.O.M. (AI)
    - Kseniya Smedley (Fleet EMT - No longer played)
    - Kunai (AI - No longer played)
    - Mimirkra Mi'dynh (NT Guard)
    - Miraj Zi'Ad (Chemist)
    - Nihima Ah'Jahriim (Bartender/Chef)
    - Sairis Helosi (Deck Officer/Atmos Tech)
    - Sarah Wolfe (Fleet XO - No longer played)
    - Suha Ta'kim (Medical Contractor - No longer played)
    - Taryn Finlay (Fleet Bridge Officer - No longer played)
    - Zakiya Ahmad (EC Nurse/Deck Technician)

How long have you been playing Space Station 13: ~4-5 years, give or take a few months. Started on Paradise, moved to Aurora for about 4 years, then came to Baystation.

How long have you been playing Baystation 12: ~4 months, give or take a few weeks

In your opinion, what’s the biggest problem with the server right now, and what would you do to help resolve it?: I've noticed a lack of response to issues I've ahelped throughout the past month or so; It seems the times I usually hop on there aren't any active staff members. My solution to this is to apply to become a staff member and add to the roster of people that are around at random hours (I work from home with an open schedule so I'm not as restricted in when I can be on as others)

Have you ever been a staff member for any SS13 servers? (Please state where and how long if you have).: On Aurora, I was what they called a 'Duty Officer' (Renamed to 'CCIA' later on), which amounted to IC administrators. We handled faxes, 'incident reports' (Essentially in character complaints about non-antag incidents that have IC punishments that carry over multiple rounds), and ran some NT central command events such as inspections and other shennanigans. I was a part of this team for several months, went on a hiatus from the server due to work, then came back and returned to the team for another few months before parting ways due to disagreements with the server administration. I was also a trial moderator at some point during the first few months, but chose to remain a duty officer (There was a policy where DOs cannot also be OOC staff)

Answer the following scenarios and how you would deal with them to the best of your ability.

• An adminhelp comes in claiming an individual is griefing, who also happens to be a traitor. A player is upset about a scenario, but they are clearly in the wrong. How would you handle this?
    I'd explain to the person that adminhelped that the actions have IC reasoning and wouldn't be considered griefing (Unless the actions reported actually can be qualified as griefing or otherwise rule breaking, such as blowing open the fuel pipes and lighting the ship on fire for no reason). Situation dependent, I may also defer to senior staff on a ruling if I'm uncertain, but expect it'd be a situation that I'd respond with the 'It's valid and has IC reasoning' message.

• A player is upset about a scenario, but they are clearly in the wrong. How would you handle this?
    I'd first try to calm them down if necessary, explaining how what they did was in the wrong once they've calmed down. If I'm not able to calm them, I'll defer to senior staff/remove them from the mediums they're using to be disruptive for a short time, then attempt to speak with them again after some time has passed. This would also be logged in the player's notes.

• You are receiving multiple inquiries about an individual who has not breached any rules, from one person. How would you handle this?
    I'd explain to the individual that the player in question has not vioalted any rules that we've observed, and ask him to explain if he feels otherwise. If the situation described does warrant investigation, I'll take another look, otherwise, inform them that situation is in line with the server's rules. I'd also leave a note regarding the situation on the player who's leaving the multiple inquiries (I'm of the belief that noting anything that gets brought up in an ahelp and would be something to address if repeated is a good idea, to have a record in the event something is a repetitive issue)

• A player joins the round and is vandalising the ship/station while evading security. You attempt to ModPM them but get no response. What form of action would you take to get them to stop?
    (Assuming mods have this ability on bay). I'd admin-wind the offending player, alongside an LOOC note to any security that were persuing him to hold off on detainment/rp while I speak with him, and attempt to adminPM them again. If they still don't respond, I'd check with a senior staff member to double check what actions should be taken, but I presume a kick or short term ban (e.g. a couple hours) would be the recommended response. Otherwise, further actions would depend on how the conversation with the player goes. Ideally, I'd be able to release them from being winded, and let things go on without any more issues, and the understanding he ICly has to deal with the IC consequences of the actions he's taken so far. A note would also be logged regarding the behaviour, and relevant actions needed to be taken.

2. Mordeth221

Mordeth221 Retired Staff

I'm going to assume Admin-wind is the same as Toggle Paralyze.

My only disagreement is that you would LOOC security and interfere with them, normally I wouldn't poke anyone other than the problem-player through AdminPM.

Otherwise accepted. Your trial runs until 11/AUG/2017

3. SierraKomodo

SierraKomodo Command Keyword Detected Developer Game Moderator

I'll refrain from that then; It was a general policy on Aurora that anyone that's been admin-winded and is being spoken to OOCly is left alone ICly until the issue's resolved. Naturally, admin winding is reserved for specific cases like a griefer that's ignoring bwoinks, or a griefer that's seconds away from killing a round. (It sounds like toggle paralyze is the same as admin wind)

4. Mordeth221

Mordeth221 Retired Staff

Votes are now running.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.