Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accepted afterthought - Developer application

Discussion in 'Developers - Archive' started by afterthought, Oct 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. afterthought

afterthought Developer

BYOND Key: afterthought
    Discord/IRC username: afterthought
    Github profile URL: https://github.com/afterthought2
    Featured PRs:
    Skills:
    Original skills pr. The second skills pr.
    More skills stuff, including backend, feature, and fix: listed here
    Other feature stuff:
    Deck management.
    Scanners.
    Overmap shuttles.
    Fixes: here
    Backend work on SS code: here and in other PRs.
    Why do you want to become a developer?:
    My main reason is to contribute back to the community by providing reviews for others' PRs. I've contributed my fair share of long or difficult to review PRs in the last few months, and I figure that my understanding of DM is good enough at this point that I can give useful reviews.
    A secondary reason is to be able to profile on the live game, access the config, and otherwise have more tools to help develop.
    I haven't played much recently, though I used to play regularly. This is partly due to less time, which I have been devoting more to developing. On the other hand, I have been a regular presence on the discord and forums. I think my level of activity will remain relatively constant, though I may try to play more.
    I've done a good amount of advocating for my skills project, but otherwise I have relatively few strong views on server direction (especially regarding things that don't have mechanical impact).
    Do you have any experience in open source projects?:
    No.

2. Chinsky

Chinsky Indentured Coder Developer

:+1:

Edit since everyone so wordy:
    1.knows shit
    2.doesnt lose his shit
    3.owes up to his shit
    Was thinking of approaching him old cabal style, good.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  3. Loaf

Loaf THE SIGNAL THE SIGNAL THE SIGNAL Vox Species Maintainer

100% in favour, afterthought has been a good contributor and participant for as long as I've seen them around Bay.

4. Snapshot

Snapshot Developer Deputy IPC Maintainer

Afterthought's contributions show a caliber of knowledge one would expect from an experienced developer and repository maintainer. Their willingness to take on complex tasks like reworks of core systems and ability to do so to a high quality, as well as a commitment to follow through with new implementations of features, expanding and improving after initial changes shows that they unequivocally surpass the expectations we have for incoming developers.
    :+1: for sure.

5. PsiOmega

PsiOmega Developer

Others have pretty much already said everything of note. Have no real complaints to add.

6. Sabira

Sabira Head Developer Donator

Application accepted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.