Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alex6511 - Skrell

Discussion in 'Alien Species' started by Alex6511, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Alex6511

Alex6511 Deputy Serpentid Maintainer

About You
    What is your Byond key?
    Alex6511

What is your Discord username?
    Alex6511#6511

How long have you been playing on Baystation 12?
    Too long for my own sanity to remain

What are the names of your better-known characters?
    IQ-Erika
    Mallory Simmons
    Alexa

About The Species

What alien species are you applying for?
    Skrell

Why do you want to play as the alien species?
    With my new focus on playing EC characters I wanted to pick up more species that are in the cultural exchange program.

What are some example names for the alien species?
    Qrrzixzaoo Xuqqoo
    Volqrqil Xrimquumzix
    Qrzixqrr Qixqr

Summarize what you know about the species.

Skrell have a fairly basic life cycle, consisting of a egg stage, a tapole stage and a from the tadpole stage they transition into an adult Phase. Skrell can be multiple different colors and are slightly transparent. Females also tend to be larger, which is obviously the opposite from humans. Additionally, Skrell have a restricted diet.

Skrell are essentially a loose combination of city-states, having no centralized government. They started their advance into the stars over 2,000 years prior to humanity, so they are very advanced from humanities perspective, but really it is more down to them having been at it for longer, research and development of Skrell technologies is a very slow process due to the logistics involved with their culture. They have a standing alliance with humanity/SolGov.

Skrell society is formed primarly into Castes, of a High, a Mind, a Builder, an Arist and warriors. These castes all have their own culture formations, basically becoming “specializations” of their culture. Their city states have a form of monarchy, they place very little value on money and place heavy influence on music. Additionally, they do form families but not marriages and they have a heavy basis of their society upon education. Skrell do have a form of military, though it’s usually just reserves from city states, with the exception SDTFs which are independent entities formed by combinations of city states.

The society of Skrell is very conservative as a result of the Qerr-Katish being at the top of the city-states. The society is trending towards a large problem with stagnation. With no centralized form of government outside the city states technology cannot even be spread across the whole society easily. Additionally, multiple groups of Skrell could be working towards the same goal without working together because they are simply not even aware that the other party is working on something. The Skrell of the Caste of the mind contrast the high caste, pushing the society in a more progressive direction and inventing new technologies.

The gist being that from a mindset point of view there’s a lot of clashing ideologies between different Skrell casts, the high caste controls the city states but remains a sort of conservative head, while other casts like that of the mind push the society forward. Additionally, while they do have defense teams that work connected, the society is very spread out and because of that has largely stagnated.

I hope that gets what you were looking for as long as a summary of the place in society.

2. Alex6511

3. Eckles

Eckles Senior Administrator Game Administrator Skrell Species Maintainer

Hi. Sorry for the delay.

Little barebones but that's fine. Not looking for a wiki regurg.

While your char names are correct, please remember that the kind Skrell adopt in human space are ones humans could feasibly speak because they're polite like that.

Tell me how you think a lone, individual Skrell of any given caste of your choosing sees their place in society, them as an individual, not their idealised stereotype of their caste.

How do you feel a Skrell doctor might prioritise patients differently to a human doctor?

Gimmie a character concept

4. Alex6511

I'm swamped at work right now, I'll get back to you when I can.

5. Alex6511

@Eckles I think it's going to be a while before I can get back to this, lets just shelve it for now.