Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An independent Torch

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Virgil, Jul 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lgmmrm

Lgmmrm Petty Officer First Class

This.

CaptainEnglish and samsone700 like this.
  2. Sabira

Sabira Donator

This thread is not for arguing about player counts or the hub; this thread is for discussing server direction re: the gimmick of the map

Offending posts will be hidden, regardless of their content otherwise, and their authors warned

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    Blazerules likes this.
  3. UnsavorySquid

UnsavorySquid Petty Officer First Class

Hmm, i went thru and read all the posts up till now. To try and avoid gratuitous redundancy i feel ill sum up my opinion as such:
    Jumping to an Independent Torch feels like its tossing the baby with the bathwater. A lot of the direction and inertia I feel helps keep the rounds from being completely aimless at times COMES from the military/government/corporate interests on the ship. if something needed to change, maybe they need to be reworked to a degree, but cutting them out, especially without and solid plans to fill the void left behind by them with characterized, hook-filled, lore-friendly material feels like it would take out much of what makes the Torch unique and interesting for the sake of attempting to make it a bit more broadly, and generically appealing.

purplemontart, EmGee, Huntime and 4 others like this.
  4. Kelenius

Kelenius Executive Officer

So is this change aimed at the current players or the ones that left the server? I'm getting mixed signals.

Butbu, CrimsonShrike and LorenLuke like this.
  5. Earthcrusher

Earthcrusher SMASHER/DEVOURER Laser Tag 2019 Participant

Hi! In light of Virgie's confirmation here at https://forums.baystation12.net/threads/st8-of-bay.6755/, this thread has pretty much run its course. You can rest easy, an Independent Torch is probably not happening any time soon.

There were some good ideas here and a lot of genuine passion that the community can benefit from. I encourage you to start your own threads to discuss our viability on the hub and more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.