Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ask Staff Anything!

Discussion in 'Policy Discussion' started by Raptor1628, Feb 1, 2016.

1. tomdroid

tomdroid Game Administrator

To be entirely honest the best part of being staff is shitposting in dsay while still playing the game

2. How would you see a good antag behave?

3. Persona E

Persona E Game Administrator

antag do:
    1. have your antag settings on when you are able and willing to play antag
    2. come up with a goal. extra credit if your goal is not "cause chaos" or "blow up the engine"
    3. come up with a plan to achieve that goal. it doesn't have to be a smart plan. extra credit if your goal and plan are tailored toward crew composition
    4. start taking actions to set that plan in motion ideally by the 1:00 mark. take the initiative - if you are an antag (with exceptions like renegade) you need to antag. loyalists and revs are antags too.
    5. take reasonable actions for a character that wants their plan to succeed, e.g. don't make a pit stop to shoot up medbay if it doesn't relate to your goal and only hurts your chances. this goes the other way too: wordlessly gunning someone down for a specific reason, like you need their id card to unlock the crates of space cocaine, is ok because it's a reasonable action you took for a specific reason as part of a plan to accomplish a goal
    6. extra credit if you set up a reasonable conclusion to your plan, e.g. "get caught and shake your fist at sec" or "die horribly" or "escape with your partner in crime with all the space cocaine"
    following the above steps does introduce a risk that you succeed with your plan by 1:30 or 2:00 and are kind of stuck not involving a ton of people. but, that's a much better position to be in than swinging too far the opposite direction and having to explain in ahelps that you blew up the engine and shot up medbay because you couldn't think of anything else to do. (also, don't get me wrong you are allowed to blow up the engine i just see it a lot and it seems like it's some antag players' "if all else fails i can spice things up" option.)

antag don't:
    1. outsource your planning and goalsetting to others. e.g. "i'm going to mindslave everyone and hack the AI and tell them to cause chaos" is not an acceptable goal or plan
    2. start falling back on an unrelated goal if your plan doesn't work out. like what i said about the engine above.
    3. take people out of the round for no reason
    4. extra credit if you make an effort to avoid being totally undetected, as you can't make the round interesting if nobody knows you did anything
    5. extra credit if you make an effort to avoid immediately stomping the crew. balance your plan to give the crew a fighting chance where appropriate. this goes with tailoring your plan to the crew composition, crew has no way of responding to your "kill them with guns" goal if they have no sec or medical and nobody really likes those "exploration and engineering are now security" rounds. you don't need to "play to lose" but setting up a plan that the crew has a reasonable way of responding to is a sign of a good antag.

Spookerton and Phosphorus like this.