Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ban Appeal - mikomyazaki2 - xales

Discussion in 'Accepted Appeals' started by mikomyazaki2, Mar 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BYOND Key: mikomyazaki2

Date and Time of Ban: 14:40:16 2019-03-11 (server time)

Character name at time of banning: Lennox Isaman (possible spelling mistake there) Senior Engineer

Name of admin who banned you: xales

Jobs you were banned from (if applicable): n/a

Reason you were banned: Went to cryo as Traitor SE after wordlessly leaving the SM on a path to delamination.

Duration of ban: 3 days

IRC hostmask (only if you're banned from IRC):

Discord username (only if you're banned from Discord or dev channels): n/a

GitHub username (only if you're banned from the repository): n/a

Reason you should be unbanned:
    I did not intend to cause the SM to delaminate, apparently there is a flaw in my setup - It is a slightly irregular one and I think I didn't provide quite enough coolant. I don't know what time in the round it delaminated, but I suspect it was not for quite some time after I left. I had thought I had prepared the SM Reactor to power the Torch for the entire round for the other players. Probably I should have returned it to a completely standard and known-good setup, although I had used my "new" setup in previous rounds with no ill effects (probably I made a mistake in the pressure in the coolant loop this time)

This was not part of my traitor ambition, and I have / will never use atmospherics / SM in part of a traitor ambition except in the most minor ways if absolutely appropriate and with Engineering staff around to notice it. This was entirely accidental and could not have happened in there were other Engineers around.

The round was extremely low pop, with me being the only person online for some of it, and then another person (Bartender) logging on later on. So, I eventually got bored and went to do something else. I didn't feel it'd be very fair to antagonise a lone Bartender as a Senior Engineer -- So I did my antaggy bit (mostly upgrading my ID card with the emag access hacking program and testing some new Engineering ideas without interference from command)

Naturally, it was assumed that I intentionally delaminated it - And as I was not around at the time I was not able to defend myself on this.

I should have mentioned in #staffcoach that I had to go - But I didn't due to the extreme low pop. I did leave play correctly per Server Rule 15.

I accidentally broke Antag Rule 2.2 by allowing the SM reactor to delaminate.
    Maybe also Server Rule 1.2 by essentially disabling / destroying the ship I live on.

EDIT - I've reached those I could through Discord to apologise for ruining that round for them. For those I don't know the Discord names of, or even if they were in the round... Oops. My bad. Sorry D:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  2. Bump.

Also I'd like to know how long I am banned from antags for, since that was not mentioned in my ban message. Thanks.

Nevermind, ahelp'd that.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 1:58 AM
  3. Spookerton

Spookerton Public Kohai № 1 Staff Manager Manager Senior Administrator Community Moderator IPC Species Maintainer Donator

Hiya. Sorry the banning staff member didn't handle this ban. That's fair enough - lifted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.