Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ban Appeal - Przexmen - SergeantAdam

Discussion in 'Accepted Appeals' started by Przexmen, May 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Przexmen

Przexmen Bartender

BYOND Key: Przexmen

Date and Time of Ban: 2019-05-13 22:28

Character name at time of banning: Mariusz Zawadzki

Name of admin who banned you: SergeantAdam

Jobs you were banned from (if applicable): ---

Reason you were banned: Continued use of discriminatory slurs. Fails to understand why the word he used was bad.
    While playing as Mariusz Zawadzki, Roxy Foxy asked on OOC chat why there were no mutations options (Something like that), I answered him "There is already mutation toxin fag", and shortly I was asked by Tomdroid, if I said that. I confirmed that, and after longer amount of time, SergeantAdam asked me again, if I did that, I confirmed again, it resulted in a week ban, but after a talk with SergeantAdam and other members of staff, it was decided, that my one week ban will be changed on "Until Appeal" ban.

Duration of ban: On the start, one week, actually Until Appeal.

IRC hostmask (only if you're banned from IRC): ---

Discord username (only if you're banned from Discord or dev channels): ---

GitHub username (only if you're banned from the repository): ---

Reason you should be unbanned: Well, after the talk with SergeantAdam and another staff member, I understood, that using that word and calling Roxy Foxy a "fag" was a horrible thing and I shouldn't use any of these slurs, especially on this server. There isn't a lot to talk about it, it wasn't neccesary or needed to use that word, it was my bad and after the last ban I didn't really understand, why using these words was that bad, but this time when I had a chance to talk with the staff member about that, I finally understood, why using that world was wrong. I want to apologize for my behaviour, and promise, that I won't call anyone or use these slurs on the chat on this server. Thank you for reviewing my appeal.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  2. Przexmen

Przexmen Bartender

The bomb stars bumping. Bump.

3. Przexmen

Przexmen Bartender

4. Przexmen

Przexmen Bartender

5. Sergeant Adam

Sergeant Adam HI GOT A MINUTE? Game Administrator

I'm seriously doubting the sincerity of this. During our conversation on discord, you /very/ clearly didn't understand why that word is bad, or why you shouldn't have used it, even going so far as to use the urban dictionary definition of the word to try and justify it's usage. Our conversation didn't end on a fantastic note full of understanding, so I'd hope you understand why I'm not really buying that you've completely 180'd your views overnight.

Why should I believe that you've actually changed when you so strongly defended your usage of the word just a day before you made this appeal?

Last edited: May 19, 2019 at 3:48 AM
  6. Przexmen

Przexmen Bartender

Well, if it comes to our previous conservation, I wasn't sure about the reason, why the thing I did was bad, so I wanted to discuss about that. I defended my usage of that word, but after the discussion, I understood, that using this word on this server is bad and will result with more bans. Starting the discussion helps understanding the problem, so I started the discussion with you. I can't confirm, that I changed my views by 180', I had no chance to play on the server after the ban. If you want, you can check me again on the discord, if my view about this word changed, if it's neccesary for your summary.

7. Sergeant Adam

Please tell me why this word is bad, and why you believe it's usage is banned on Baystation.

8. Przexmen

Przexmen Bartender

Well, fag, or faggot, in meaning, it has a lot of meanings, but it's main one is very offensive and homofobical, and it's discriminating. Calling anyone a fag or a faggot is very forbidden and offends the victim greatly. And because that word is very offensive and homofobical in it's worst meaning, it completely breaks rule 1.2 Don't be overly offensive, spam OOC or IC channels, grief, or complain excessively about other players. Using this word is very forbidden and homofobical, so it's anyway a wrong choice, if you want to offend someone or show your frustration. If you're still not sure about this, you can ping me on discord, and we can have a talk about that.

Edit: I wrote the wrong rule, edited it.

9. Sergeant Adam

Very hesitantly lifting this ban.

Any further instances of you using discriminatory slurs will result in another permanent ban being applied without warning, and you'll have to go to seniors to get it appealed, because I won't be accepting one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.