Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boznar - Vox

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Boznar, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Boznar

Boznar Bartender

About You

What is your Byond key?
    Boznar

How long have you been playing on Baystation 12?
    Little less than a year

What are the names of your better-known characters?
    Spacecraft Operator W-097F, Jill Iredale, Ariella Grant
    Complete list in Signature.

About The Species

What alien species are you applying for?
    Vox

Why do you want to play as the alien species?
    Always interested in looking for off ship and miscellaneous roles such as stowaway as a break from the typical round flow. Why not also toss in the added oddity that is a screaming, shrieking reptile-bird monster? I can think of many reasons why not! But I want to do it anyway because it sounds like it'd be a fun twist.

What are some example names for the alien species?
    Kitirakki, Yikakityakichi, Chykiichyakki. Now that THAT mess is over, each of these names is essentially a version of a lengthy vox-pidgin name describing the vox's role. These names can be loosely translated to something along the lines of "The Razor Beak Riding Through the Stars on the Mighty Arkship Drifts in Starlight."

Summarize what you know about the species.
    Vox are a bio-engineered species composed of both organic and non-organic components. The most notable being their cortical stack, which acts as an auxiliary brain and controls all secondary Vox functions, ensuring efficient operation of the Vox's internal organs. Physically, Vox are tall reptilians with quills, sharp beaks, long dexterous tails, and scales capable of cooling them or sealing them off from pressure. Vox are sterile, and are not naturally capable of reproduction. Each Vox body is designed for a specific purpose, and is then imprinted with a mind onto their cortical stack composed of generations of experience. This means that individual Vox are essentially immortal via recycling their minds into new Vox. While newborn Vox are fully capable in mind, their bodies still require time to mature and develop.

There are two types of Vox, or strains of Vox as referred. The Primalis: which composes the Vox laborers and servants, and the Armalis: Which composes the heavy laborers and the fighters. Typically the Armalis are held in positions of higher authority due to their physical superiority. Vox possess markings running down their necks and faces which show the genetic history of the individual vox, as well as the Arkship from which they came from.

The Vox do not possess any territory, and instead live on massive moon shaped spaceships with long shrieking names describing the history of the ship. These 'Arkships' usually possess up to tens of thousands of Vox, and are fully capable of FTL flight via a very poorly understood technology. Arkships are ancient and crumbling, and are able to maintain functionality via the efforts of scavenging Vox. While the Arkships are not coalesced to one specific place, they are capable of communicating with each other through an unreliable and old communication system. This connection and communication is maintained by the highest authority of the Vox: The Apex.

The Vox Apex is a series of monolithic bio-computers deep within the heart of the Arkships. They remain ever vigilant over the Arkships and only relay orders to the Vox when a task must be completed or to dispense moderation upon Vox who have committed damage to the massive crumbling vessel. The Vox accept the authority of the Apex as the messengers of the higher authority the Apex represents. Along with this, the secrecy of the Apex is paramount, and not even a Vox threatened with death will reveal the existence of the Apex.

Of the lower authority, the Apex somewhat decides the authority of Vox crews, but otherwise leaves the Vox to determine their own authority. Typically the Vox contest superiority via ritual combat, and the resulting leader or 'Quill' will end up leading a crew of around ten Vox. These crews will sometimes gather into larger cells, and this is a frequent occurrence in the more crowded Arkships.

Vox are considered cruel and greedy scavengers by virtually all species in the galaxy. This is due to a combination of Vox scavengers attempting to loot and raid for supplies on behalf of the Arkships, and the fact that Vox consider themselves superior to every other race and treat them as nothing more than meat; often acting dismissive and outright hostile towards other species. Vox do not possess a centralized military, and any actions against other species are typically performed by individuals or small crews. That being said, Vox are intelligent and crafty, and are well aware of the consequences for picking a fight they cannot win. Thus they will tend to loot and raid weaker targets as well as avoid conflicts that are not in their favor.

2. Loaf

Loaf THE SIGNAL THE SIGNAL THE SIGNAL Ascent Species Maintainer Deputy Vox Maintainer

If this isn't handled by the weekend I'll look it over.

3. Eonoc

Eonoc Vox Species Maintainer Deputy Serpentid Maintainer

I've seen many of your characters in game. You seem like a solid roleplayer, and I see no real flaws in your application.
    Give me a concept for the Vox you want to play, and we can wrap this up.

4. Boznar

Boznar Bartender

I'm bad at this part so here we go...

The Vox I'd like to play is your typical Primalis scavenger who goes by the name of Kitirakki. The whole concept is that he's considered physically weak for a Vox and a Primalis, however makes up for it in technical skill and cunning. The primary role I want to use him for is stowaway and vox box, where he uses his cunning to swipe as much valuables as he can while remaining under the nose of the stupid meat things. On vox box I'd most likely play him as the ship's technician and engineer. If encountered with conflict, he's more likely to surrender outright rather than putting up a long winded fight that will probably result in him getting killed, and will use the reprieve he's given to try and manipulate the stupid monkeys into letting him go or not executing him. I also was considering playing him as a merchant, where his over-excitement for scavenged parts and affinity for manipulation makes him a difficult character to make deals with.

5. Eonoc

Eonoc Vox Species Maintainer Deputy Serpentid Maintainer

Looks fine to me. Approved.