Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion Bring back stowaway!

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Rodmuth, Aug 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Rodmuth

Rodmuth Petty Officer First Class

Upon noticing stowaway was removed, more people then I have ever seen complained about that change in OOC. I don't see the reason for the change, I thought people only had problems with vox stowaway?
    I even feel like I can't argue my point that well, because I legitimately do not understand why it was removed.
    Starting this thread mostly to gather support for bringing it back, but also to hear a bit about why it was removed, which I have missed (I miss a lot of things like most people, please don't tell me to stalk github)

SgtManGuy, NimbleThimble and Imienny like this.
  2. Subosovitch

Subosovitch Bartender

Hay.

While Vox stowaways were a bit eh and usually nothing I encountered directly some of the most memorable job-encounters were with very good stowaways, both me playing as Med or Sec.
    Especially noteworthy would be a Dionaea Stowaway.

I dont see a reason to remove it, perhaps only the vox in it because I can see it making a lot of trouble.

NimbleThimble likes this.
  3. mikomyazaki2

mikomyazaki2 Petty Officer First Class

4. Loaf

Loaf Developer Ascent Species Maintainer Deputy Vox Maintainer

The PR laid out the core reasons.

You are free to open a reversion, but you should be prepared to argue why stowaway shouldn't be held to the same requirements as other roles if you do.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  5. NimbleThimble

NimbleThimble Bartender

I remember that episode it was super sweet.

But yeah I've always enjoyed my interactions with Stowaways even the Vox ones, added a genuine element of the unknown to scenarios particularly with maintence tunnels, with my medtech crawling down dark hallways looking for supplies, "Somthing" twists in the darkness at the edge of her vision... "hello, is somone there?" she calls, But no whatever, whoever it was it's gone... If it's an antag typically they just walk right up and say hello as they have a valid reason for begin there they are crew afterall.

Subosovitch likes this.
  6. I hate stowaways for the reason the PR stated, they are nonantags that either do nothint but get on security's nerves, or they just become glorified passengers. I don't really see any reason to add them back unless something was done to change them.

7. Hubblenaut

Hubblenaut Research Director

What are stowaways? Sounds like a big and unnecessary nuisance for Security. Good that we don't have them.

8. stowaway was a nice change of pace in rounds. i really enjoyed the more passive stowaways that arent skreeching vox

9. Imienny

Imienny Laser Tag 2019 Participant

why not make stowaways renegade/provocateur? they are already fucking with security even without it by just existing and making them antag would encurage stowaway to not be too peaceful and become "glorified passengers".
    removing stowaways removes quite a lot of unique RP oppurtinities which you cant do as survivior from pod/verne/bearcat as usually some random newb will kill you in first 10 minutes and even if you survive and exploration save you before bluespace jump, you cant suddenly became feral maint-dweller as survivior.

10. Morguemeat

Morguemeat Donator

Stowaway was always a bad idea. Soft Antag roles on the ship just don't work. I love playing Vox, but I knew better than to pop open that shitty can of worms.

11. spessCarp

spessCarp Chef

I think if anything stowaway demonstrated security’s weirdly inhumane way of handling situations... They turned into a mob that curb stomped a vox to death and then flung it out an airlock.