Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CallMeCarson - Ascent Kharmaani Gyne

Discussion in 'Denied' started by TheRealCarson, Nov 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRealCarson

TheRealCarson Assistant

About You
    What is your Byond key?
    CallMeCarson

How long have you been playing on Baystation 12?
    About a month? Maybe more, maybe less.
    What are the names of your better-known characters?
    Logan Joghs.

About The Species

What alien species are you applying for?
    I am applying for the Ascent Kharmaani race, the Gyne to be exact.

Why do you want to play as the alien species?
    I enjoy off-ship roles. They're the only roles that run relatively smooth on my toaster (read: Laptop)
    The Ascent are a very interesting race, with a lot of potential for interesting roleplay (and ineviteable salt).
    I've played them on every chance I had, and have come to simply like the cute gigantic murder insects made of crystal.
    To conclude this point: I'd like to play them because I think them extremely awesome and interesting.

What are some example names for the alien species?
    23 Shady cove
    10 Green Hill
    2 Waterfall Cave

Summarize what you know about the species.
    They're an extremely advanced race of spacefaring aliens that are often very arrogant and think humans (and whatever else walks amongst those apes) as very primitive and hardly worth of notice. They have, hoverer, a somewhat cold and positive relationship to the Skrell, seeing them somewhat as allies, according to the information pages.
    A gyne's 'job', at least in the setting provided on-server, is to lead her lineage to a new home with their seedship, and to build a nest there for the lineage to continue.
    They are very aggressive when provoked and treathened, and will not hesitate to blast you to bits should the need arise.

2. Karbivio

Karbivio Ascent Species Maintainer

Due to your recent note history, this application is denied for now. Gyne is a role that can have a profound impact on the round when misused. Reapply in a month. When you do, I'd like to see a character concept and an idea or two about what you'd be doing in the round other than building a colony.

Additionally, know that Kharmaani don't consider humans a tangible threat, especially not with the Gyne's exosuit; it's basically impervious to most damage. There are plenty of ways to impose your aggression on others without simply killing them, and slaying primitives for being annoying (i.e. shooting at you with anything other than an anti-materiel rifle or shotgun with slugs) just removes a lot of roleplay potential.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.