Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accepted Chinsky - Developer Application

Discussion in 'Developers - Archive' started by Chinsky, Sep 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chinsky

Chinsky Retired Staff

BYOND Key: Chinsky
    Github profile URL: https://github.com/comma
    Featured PRs:
    Why do you want to become a developer?:
    I have copious free time and I think we could use a no-lifer with green button. This low-energy shit going on with PRs is making me angery.
    I've done some code work back in the day, so I thought might as well use some of my mongolian fornication stories reading time for (relative) good.

2. Crushtoe

Crushtoe Retired Staff

Deja Vu.

3. Techhead

Techhead Donator

Chinsky is an active contributor who already has intimate knowledge of our dev workflow. And to the best of my knowledge, he's a community member in good standing.

I see no reason to deny this. This has my approval.

4. Foolamancer

Foolamancer Senior Enlisted Advisor

Chinsky is already more active than a lot of our dedicated devs and does good shit. Give 'im the fancy banner already and have done.

5. F-Tang Steve

F-Tang Steve Serpentid Species Maintainer

Yup It'd be nice to have someone to review any medical shit I do. Never had a chance to be a dev at the same time as him yet either.

6. PsiOmega

PsiOmega Developer

See no reason to object to chinsky's return.

7. Banditoz

Banditoz Senior Enlisted Advisor

8. IDTia

IDTia Retired Staff

He listens to concerns about PRs, codes in things, improves the server to a high degree, his listed PRs don't even scratch the surface. Do it.

9. Curt5

Curt5 Senior Enlisted Advisor

Wait when was he not a dev

+1 to reinstate chinksy

10. Meyar

Meyar Retired Worstmin 2015-2017

He doesn't conform to the staff hivemind, -100000000000000000

But considering he "honorably retired'' for want of a better word I don't see why not. +1

11. Snapshot

Snapshot Developer

Implying that this wouldn't just be automatically accepted.

I was sad to see you go away in the first place, even though you didn't ever really go away : ^)

12. Crushtoe

Crushtoe Retired Staff

Since Deja Vu isn't really feedback — chinsky is a great coder, a former developer, and a good idea man; In essence, he is the Renaissance Man of SS13.

If anyone could reasonably object to him, I'd prostrate myself.

13. ThatOneGuy

ThatOneGuy Retired Staff

I'm glad you're wanting to come back to the team

14. Gem

Gem Banned User

Chinsky's PR's are satisfying to read. He's good at what he does and has all the right, IMO, to return. +1

15. xales

xales Host Game Administrator Developer Community Moderator

Sorry for the delay on this, things have been a bit crazy for me.

You left on good terms and you're one of the best and most active developers around, you're obviously welcome back. We should have everything set up for you soon.

I'm going to bump you up to maintainer as well, as it was the level that you left at, technically.

Gem likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.