Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion Corporate Liaison QoL

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by alexpkeaton, Jun 11, 2019.

1. I have a bunch of small things and a couple of big things about the CL's office. I originally posted in Little Things but realized this needed to be here instead.

Can the Corp Liaison get a Disposals bin, a box of cigars, a box of donuts, a gold-plated (or even EXO-branded) zippo and two EXO coffee mugs (instead of one NT mug) in their office? Can the pad of paper and pen in the main office be moved to the back desk and the sticky notes just removed or moved to the back room? Can the stool next to the main desk be replaced with a swivel chair? Can the back room privacy bolts work on both doors, not just the bottom door? Can the CL have access to the Charon cameras when it is off-station, not just when it is in the hangar? Can the CL be provided with a box of blank union cards for recruitment? Can the holopad be long-range, not just local? Can the CL get a fancy potted plant on the center of the back desk in the main room, next to the fax machine? Can there be an extra light (tube) in the back of the main office and somewhere in the back room? Can the CL have maintenance access?

Oh and just to press my luck, can the cameras just be removed from the CL and SCGR offices? This might merit its own suggestion because I have strong feelings about this. Corporate espionage is a thing and EXO probably wouldn't want the ability for the CL's room at least to be spied on. The doors already are locked down for everyone else and the AI.

I'm not asking for much here. *shifty eyes*

All of these things reinforce the notion that the CL is an independent role and someone who enjoys excesses in life.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  2. Loaf

Loaf Developer Ascent Species Maintainer Deputy Vox Maintainer

The answer to this post is 'yes'.

The rider is 'when you map them in'.

3. MattAtlas

MattAtlas Chef

but why

4. Honestly, I'm more into the box of donuts than this particular line-item. I just find it curious that the Liaison has command comms and departmental access but can't go into maintenance. I get that he is a civilian and all, but you could ask that same "but why" question for a dozen other roles aboard that do have maintenance access, including, it is important to note, some civilian contractors the CL represents.

Like I said, I'm not married to this line-item.

5. Roland410

Roland410 Petty Officer First Class

alexpkeaton likes this.
  6. Hey, thanks! I'm having some trouble seeing the actual mapping on mobile but I will see if I can check it when I get to my laptop. I greatly appreciate that you took the time to map some of my suggestions!

7. Roland410

I was doing bridge changes anyways, so it wasn't a big deal, was thinking what else I am forgetting then remembered your thread.
    Back room is boltable as well, although that's not as visible on the diff.

8. SierraKomodo

SierraKomodo Command Keyword Detected

Nobody else gets that because of camera range restrictions, why should the CL have it?

9. Oh, that must be a change from when I played a few months ago. Or I misremember camera capabilities. That part is withdrawn, then.

10. Roland410

Afterthought merged the PR, should be on the server when an admin updates, also Sierra added a recharger as well for the gun, which will be in the backroom.

alexpkeaton likes this.
  11. Thanks!