Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cupax3 - Kharmaani

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Cupa, Nov 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cupa

Cupa Assistant

About You

What is your Byond key?
    Cupax3

What is your Discord username?
    Custom: Lloyd Catstor - True: Cupa#3998

How long have you been playing on Baystation 12?
    About two to three months, depending on how you count.

What are the names of your better-known characters?
    Lloyd Astor

About The Species

What alien species are you applying for?
    Kharmaani Gyne

Why do you want to play as the alien species?
    The Ascent is, for me, a playable version of the "tech-advanced-but-savage-aliens" which I find quite interesting and entertaining to read about in books, and since they currently seem a little thin with Gynes I'd like to throw my hat in the ring to get clearance to play one.
    Plus the one time I interacted with them showed me their rather unique ability to provide Bridge (and Exploration) with something to do, which I would like other players to also be able to enjoy.

What are some example names for the alien species?
    3 Scorching Desert,
    17 Moonlit Lake
    45 Menacing Mountains
    24 Tumultous Tundra
    7 Sanguine Savannah

Summarize what you know about the species.
    I'll be treating this partially as Ascent since Gynes are always among the highest Ascent leadership and also the "representative" in the system.
    A long time ago, a species called the Kharmaani gained sentience and developed the first of the Control Minds, powerful Machine Intelligences that are now an integral and essential part of the three-species interstellar nation of the Ascent. It incorporates the Kharmaani, lead by the Gynes, as well as the now countless Machine Intelligences referred to collectively as the Control Minds, with the final species being the progenitors of the Giant Armored Serpentids, the Monarch Serpentids, rescued by the Kharmaani from their dying homeworld.

To call the Kharmaani giant angry insects with an exoskeleton of crystal and the innards of Jello would for one be only partially correct and for two get you killed if one ever hears you say that. They begin their lifes as larvae birthed by a Gyne, imbued with its genetic lineage, and after reaching maturity exit their nest beneath the ground (or alternative) as a swarm of mindless Alates which will self-cull their numbers from the thousands to the hundreds in a deathmatch allowing only the strongest to survive. If these strongest survive long enough after entering service to their master/mother Gyne as anything, they sexually mature and physically become more imposing as well as a result of morphing into a Gyne themselves.

While the caste of Alates forms a blunt manpower with the few intelligent and strong enough advancing out of this stage of their species, the Gynes from the quintessential rulers of their species, embued with experience, strength, intelligence. However, one would wrong them to think them as (humanly) socially acceptable by these values alone, since Gynes are ruthless territorial lords that are at constant mind games, intrigue or simply open conflict with each other in a bid for more influence and domain.

In Ascent society, Gynes do however need to occasionally interact, which is intermediated by the Queens of the Monarch Serpendits to avoid talks coming to a halt over power-play - Gynes fighting each other if in the same room thus making remote communication the only option effectively meaning if talks fail, no cooperation can happen. The Control Minds, however, usually run the day-to-day activities and needs of the Ascent with drones or otherwise, thus leaving the Kharmaani and Monarch Serpentids free to do their social activities.

The only ones really in contact with the Ascent are the Skrell, who directly border the isolationist nation and have formed a cold but holding Non-Aggression-Pact after centuries of warfare between the two. Having no formal contact with any other species, the Ascent consider anything not of Skrellian heritage completely beneath their notice, with only them being able to match them in the technological field, while even that is disputable as both sides have vastly different foci.

All in all, from a human viewpoint, we are looking at a society built on violence with extremely advanced weaponry that even the best troops would have a hard time countering. Society is a loose duct-taped mess of thousands of Alates per Gyne and lineages fighting for anything under the sun if given an excuse to so; only by the liberal application of robotics of the Control Mind handling the industries' tasks and establishing sustainability is it possible for the Ascent to form the absolutely frightening power that it is. Oh, and the Monarch Serpentids are there too, either joining Gyne sides or largely doing their own thing for the furtherment of the Ascent, which all in all all three groups are working towards in their own, very unique ways (even if that way is "My lineage is best and I will make sure no other Gyne is alive to dispute that").

An example character, requested by Species Maintainer.
    7 Sanguine Savannah is a Gyne of old - a truly prominent member of her caste. The latest venture sees her establish a nest some systems away from the border space which has laid unclaimed for far too long, she argues. Trustworthy Queens and Alates of her lineage in tow, she set off on her Seedship to find a suitable planet to allow her Control Mind companions to terraform into a new nest planet, even if earning her the ire of fellow Gynes for continuing her doctrine and long-standing campaign of expansionism.
    But what the Gyne wasn't expecting was what she would find in the system after arrival...

2. Karbivio

Karbivio Ascent Species Maintainer

All good. Approved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.