Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Depreciated] Oustanding Map Issues

Discussion in 'Torch Development' started by Raptor1628, Nov 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raptor1628

Raptor1628 Lore Maintainer Donator

Seeing as the other Map Issues thread that Harpy posted way back is defunct, I'm opening a new one, looking for any outstanding map issues with the Torch. I'm talking bugs that have been around since the beginning, oversights that haven't been fixed, things like that. Avoid issues with new code features like overmap, I'm looking for things that are on the map itself. If there are any balance issues with equipment, crew roles, and the like, you're welcome to stick them here, but if they lead to debates or back and forth arguing, they'll get tossed.

2. tlc2013

tlc2013 Senior Enlisted Advisor

Excluding the Second Deck, none of the Relay rooms have cameras. This is problematic mostly because it means the AI can't turn its relay back on, meaning it can't always get comms back as fast as everyone else does, which can get people killed for no real reason.

That's about it, for me.

3. StrategicImportance

StrategicImportance Senior Enlisted Advisor

Fourth deck's teleporter shutter button doesn't work.

4. masterrbc

masterrbc That Aussie Donator

For ease of access, I've stickied this.

5. Syndikate

Syndikate Sol Gov Pilot

While there's a camera in the exploration ready room, you can't actually go to it on camera consoles for whatever reason.

6. F-Tang Steve

F-Tang Steve Game Administrator Developer Serpentid Species Maintainer Deputy IPC Maintainer Deputy Diona Maintainer

The Atmos in xenobotany is kinda messed up. It needs a way to get air in to the connected trays or the plants count as being in no air.

7. The vessel is using supposedly expensive (and toxic and flammable) exotic gas as propellant, delivered to the nacelles through series of easily accessed pipes that can fill the entire aft section of Torch with fiery death that quickly spreads between decks through gaping holes in maintenance used by disposal pipes. Can't we have those go between decks in some form of enclosed maintenance shafts, much like some of the wiring/atmos piping does?

To sum up:
    1. Use something else as propellant.
    2. Don't leave gaping disposals piping holes in aft maintenance. It messes atmos on all decks and since there is no vents in maintenance, it only adds to the tedium of fixing those issues.

8. Banditoz

Banditoz Sol Gov Pilot

Will fix.

StrategicImportance likes this.
  9. Kriellya

Kriellya Assistant

The Engine Airlock is missing a sensor on the Department side of the airlock, causing it to try and empty the airlock when cycling out.

And as mentioned, It's kind of awkward that there are pipes full of flammable, high pressure, high temperature gas all over the back of the ship *by default*, but I know someone is working on adjusting that already. :p

10. SierraKomodo

SierraKomodo Command Keyword Detected

Cameras for the hanger and exploration storage either don't work through a camera console or have multiple tags assigned to the same camera (Just grab a camera console and go through every camera in the hanger and exploration storage - You'll see what I mean)

11. IDTia

IDTia Retired Staff

Trash ejectors barely work with shields.

5crownik007 likes this.
  12. BSKThemes

BSKThemes Sol Gov Pilot

Confession booth intercoms don't work.

13. not a map issue but fix is up

14. Textor

Textor Trial Administrator Game Moderator

New as of the infirmary update - Robotics OR does not have a cable running from the main power grid to the APC, so it requires repair every round.

Also, I haven't verified it yet, but apparently in deck 1 starboard maint somewhere there is a section of scrubber/supply pipe that is also missing after the infirmary update.

ZeroBits likes this.
  15. Dukica

Dukica Sol Gov Pilot

The disposal unit in the Infirmary still doesn't work, afaik.

Sergeant Adam and ZeroBits like this.
  16. Textor

Textor Trial Administrator Game Moderator

As of the latest map update, the Bridge Storage room decompresses every round at round start.

17. SierraKomodo

SierraKomodo Command Keyword Detected

- The first deck shield generator is losing power every shift which sounds like a cable might be missing

- The brig Cell 1's console triggers cell 2's flasher

18. Sabira

Sabira Head Developer Donator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.