Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accepted Discord Ban Appeal - Lushsalmon123 - Lorwp

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Lushsalmon123, Nov 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lushsalmon123

Lushsalmon123 Bartender

BYOND Key:Date and Time of Ban: 10/19/2020 - Just about that date.

Character name at time of banning: N/A

Name of admin who banned you: Lorwp

Jobs you were banned from (if applicable): N/A

Reason you were banned: Banned for streaming another whilst in a discord call. Resulting in my ban for metacommunications.

Duration of ban: Permanent until appeal.

IRC hostmask (only if you're banned from IRC): N/A

Discord username (only if you're banned from Discord or dev channels): fad#3313

GitHub username (only if you're banned from the repository): N/A

Reason you should be unbanned:

I've taken lots of time off from Discord. What was initially meant to be a one week ban with an appeal, I decided to keep myself banned for just around a month. During this time, I've reflected on my ban and decided to post this appeal. With that being said, I understand now why metacomms is bad. Although I was streaming another server, it is truly unacceptable and embarrassing by a community standpoint and player standpoint to allow such behaviour to continue. During my time off, I've come to understand that playing any Space Station 13 server while in a Discord call is behaviour that shouldn't happen, or persist in any form. To put it simply and cut it short, I believe that I've come to understand the importance of NOT being on Discord while playing any Space Station server. Not only that, I've sufficiently read the rules over and fully understand what rules I came to break and how come the ban given was acceptable from an admin standpoint.

The Rules I Broke

⚹08. Do not advertise anything without senior staff permission. - This rule was technically broken due to the fact that I was metacomming on a non-Baystation 12 server. With this being said, it, of itself was technically advertisement of another server to the rest of the people in the call.

⚹13. Do not talk about the current game in OOC, or outside the server. - I streamed another server whilst in a call. I completely understand why this is unacceptable, as stated previously. I fully agree that this should cover the wide scope of Space Station 13 in its entirety.

You are here to have fun in good faith. Play, but not at the personal expense of others. - Whilst this is part of the server's ethos, I still believe that this plays a crucial part in what a player of the community should follow. As such, I broke the ethos by streaming another server at the personal expense of others.

Conclusion

After much thinking and consideration about why I was banned. I believe that I've come to a further understanding of the server's rules and ethos after fully reading it through multiple times for the duration of my ban. I took time off to reflect on my behaviour and perhaps improve on it and believe that I'm ready to return to the Discord community on Baystation12.

While 'sorry' isn't enough to relinquish me of the rules I broke. But I truly am, for all those that were there in the call at the time of my ban. At the expense of others, I streamed another server and perhaps ruined their time in that call.

Thank you.

2. lorwp

lorwp Gwame Adwiniswator Game Administrator

Sure, Lifted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.