Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DJ_Speedin - Skrell

Discussion in 'Denied' started by DJ_Speedin, May 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJ_Speedin

DJ_Speedin Assistant

About You
    I am DJ Speedin, otherwise known as bun in the discord. I have been a part of ss13 for a year mainly playing on other servers till a friend recommended this server to me. I've become addicted to this server and plan to stay a-while at least community wise.
    What is your Byond key?
    DJ_Speedin

How long have you been playing on Baystation 12?
    I've been on the server for three weeks and will reach four this following monday.

What are the names of your better-known characters?
    Zachary Corapor | Star Whitman | Allen Beail | C.O.U | Anthony Ullman | Max Corapor

About The Species

What alien species are you applying for?
    Skrell!

Why do you want to play as the alien species?
    Honestly I just want to get any xeno that isn't alien so I can adopt a new playstyle. I've loved playing as the "outsiders" and interacting with the main crew as it's always fun to be this unknown being that people want to look into and study.

What are some example names for the alien species?
    They typically either adopt a name from another culture they are working with, however normally with other skrell they have names like Xivoraniivizochiorooin Zerivaloika

Summarize what you know about the species.
    Skrell are advanced creatures from Qerrbalak, more advanced than any other creature. They are pretty humanoid in most aspects except for growth, and other amphibious things. Their society is consisted of Castes which are different lifestyles that the Skrell are born into and tend to follow. Other than that, their society is a bit like an advanced medieval times, with a royal family being the leaders of certain areas.
    Their life cycle is like a frog's in the sense they become tadpoles and grow limbs.

They seem to look at everything with a curious caution, staying far enough away to not get hurt but also close enough to observe. This comes true especially with humans in which they agree that being allies would help them a lot, but many Skrell still want to keep their distance to preserve themselves. They are observers for the most part, that actually want the best for everyone. (with a few exceptions of course.)
    They are most likely to try and help a species up if they fall down, while also documenting every bit for why they fell down.

2. Eckles

Eckles Cake Seller Senior Administrator Game Administrator Skrell Species Maintainer

Hey, so, gonna deny this at this time.

Partly for your recent note history, partly for your reason for wanting to play as a Skrell, which to me shows a perhaps severe misunderstanding of what they are on the server and finally, partly because of the lack of effort and misunderstandings shown in what you know.

"Other than that, their society is a bit like an advanced medieval times, with a royal family being the leaders of certain areas."
    - Skrell monarchies and their whole executive and legislative system aren't really anything like medieval feudalism.

"They seem to look at everything with a curious caution, staying far enough away to not get hurt but also close enough to observe. This comes true especially with humans in which they agree that being allies would help them a lot, but many Skrell still want to keep their distance to preserve themselves. They are observers for the most part, that actually want the best for everyone. (with a few exceptions of course.)"

- They don't really avoid being in physical range of things as a rule there. I think you may have misinterpreted a methodical, cautious but ultimately pragmatic approach for something different.

All in all, I think you would benefit from playing here for awhile longer and becoming more familiar with the server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.