Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DJ_Speedin - Unathi

Discussion in 'Alien Species' started by DJ_Speedin, May 10, 2019.

1. DJ_Speedin

DJ_Speedin Assistant

About You
    My name is DJ Speedin, otherwise known as bun on the discord. I have been a part of the ss13 community for a year now and have enjoyed myself a lot. I have made multiple friends from the community that I am happy to talk too. My favorite color is light blue and I am a nerd who loves animals.
    What is your Byond key?
    DJ_Speedin

How long have you been playing on Baystation 12?
    I’m coming up to three weeks of play now and plan on staying for much longer!

What are the names of your better-known characters?
    Zachary Corapor | Star Whitman | Allen Beail | C.O.U | Anthony Ullman

About The Species

What alien species are you applying for?
    Unathi

Why do you want to play as the alien species?
    Unathi are known for being quite expressive with their emotions, more so than humans. I see a lot of potential with characters I could create of this species.

What are some example names for the alien species?
    Geeriis Kaloom | Jaavi Geelos | Lithos Ishmak

Summarize what you know about the species.
    Unathi are strange cold blooded creatures that bare many resemblance to our own reptiles on Earth. They are carnivorous and require lots of food to keep themselves well. They come from a quite hostile planet known as Moghes and rely on a family system known as clans. Along with having a massive resemblance physically to our own reptiles, their life cycle is similar as well. Unathi hatch and are quite aggressive upon birth, fully able to kill and attack creatures including their own siblings. They would eventually mature and grow less violent as they got bigger forming little packs for playing, sparring, and hunting together. However they aren't considered complete to their tribe till they reach adulthood. They grow to about 7-9 feet. and live for about two hundred years. Many humans look at their society as sexist, yet the unathi themselves believe that their methods are what works.

They have quite a temper and are known for showing their emotions quite physically. When they aren't showing anger by swinging their tail against the ground and such, they speak Sinta'unathi as it is known by humans.
    The Unathi have developed into these tall brutal behemoths because of the world they were left with. It is suspected there was another species that lived on their planet that cause some kind of apocalypse and caused a mass extinction. This leads to another theory of where the Unathi came from, radiation and mutation. The Unathi would become more split up as history went on however, all the clans deciding on what is right and what is wrong and choosing their own paths. This is especially brought into play when they found a strange gate world. No one could agree on if it was good or bad. However they were always kind of split up even from the start due to religion, family, and where they came from.
    Unathi have come from vastly different areas on their planet, some making them more hardy and brutal while some more welcoming and caring. There are six of these different areas.

The Hegemony is pretty much a binding of major cities and clans to do trade, diplomacy, and generally keep relations well with unathi and non-unathi. They act as a sort of overall government deciding on what kind of war is ethical, the economy, and making sure unathi stay on top in their own planet.

Clan-Concept:
    The Geelos clan are mainly located in the Tropical Poles where they focus mainly on manipulating the market and reverse engineering tech traded to them so that it can be sold some more. However when they aren't focusing on something...profitable, they focus on something else; motor vehicles. A huge chunk of the males in the clan are mechanics and engineers, enough so that it is tradition to take each of their children out and teach them to operate, handle, and make their own vehicles when they reach their teens.
    Recently however, they had finally traded enough of their own vehicles to get their very own ship, which all of them had become excited for. A huge influx of the mechanics had switched to operating and trying to mimic and create their own versions of these flying mechanical deathtraps. Upon mass producing them, they began to use them to further their trading.
    They believe in a form of Markesheli, believing that he did bring them life but only to purposely cause suffering, so that they would feel the pain he had gone through for an eternity. Almost all of the Geelos despise Markesh and strive to become better and stronger than he was.

(Sorry if this is a bit messy, I've been altering between doing it on my phone and on my computer.)

2. Spookerton

Spookerton Public Kohai № 1 Staff Manager Manager Senior Administrator Community Moderator IPC Species Maintainer Donator

Hiya. We're having a turnover of species managers at the moment, so this may take a little while to get handled. Sorry about the wait.