Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enzymi - Vox

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Enzymi, Jun 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enzymi

Enzymi Bartender

About You

What is your Byond key?
    Enzymi

How long have you been playing on Baystation 12?
    Bit less than a month

What are the names of your better-known characters?
    Ava (AI). Damien Addison (roboticist). Casey Clark (criminal investigator). Nova Sanders (Bridge Officer).

What alien species are you applying for?
    Vox.

Why do you want to play as the alien species?
    The unique and well crafted lore attracted me to them and the opportunity to play something really different than any other role in baystation.

What are some example names for the alien species?
    The vox names consists of guttural sounds and shrieks which describes their rank and position. To other non-vox they might sounds like KRAATCHITKA or maybe ITCHAALIKRA. I am not sure if its required to be in all caps in game.

Summarize what you know about the species.
    The vox are an advanced technological nomadic species who doesn't have any specific homeplanet and instead lives with their fleet. The fleet itself consists of arkships which are large spherical ships containing massively complex Apex bio-computers which are at the height of their society and hierarchy. They are a declining empire and have thus been forced to scavenge and pick easy targets for their raids to survive. They are viewed with hostility throughout the galaxy by many systems and societies as cowardly backstabbing thieves.

The vox themselves are not born but are crafted and therefore possess no gender and are completely sterile. They are a reptilian bipedal creatures with a beak and quills on their back. They have a cortical stack implanted to them which allows for the Apex to communicate and control them, and generally functions as an authoritative brain. Their bodies can mature relatively quickly reaching full growth within months, and they often possess marking on their body to indicate genetic and noble heritage. The vox can be divided into Primalis; which are largely viewed as laborers and Armalis; which are larger in general and are more often seen as fighters.

The vox view other races largely as inferior due to them not having a cortical stack and not being close enough to their technology. They view the other races with varying degrees of caution depending on their danger to them, but generally vox do not care nor value the life of non-vox, and usually regard them as simple meat to be discarded or eaten, without any intention of sharing their technology. Scientists who do manage to get a glimpse of their technology will be dumbstruck by the complete difference and complexity of the bio-machinery of their bio-grown ships or the unknown function behind their FTL drives. If a vox would be taken hostage they would use as much deception as possible to get themselves out and completely betray their captor.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  2. The Sad Onion

The Sad Onion Deputy Vox Maintainer

Hello. I'm a deputy without tags and I have some questions for you.
    1. What is your character concept?
    2. How much average Vox values thalers?
    3. As scavenger what will you do if you stumble upon humans on some exoplanet?

3. Enzymi

Enzymi Bartender

1. I was thinking of an armalis vox who lost a ritualistic contest versus another vox for the position of quill. From the perspective of the apex, this vox was deemed unworthy in their society and was therefore sent out on a last trial to prove itself or have its cortical stack deactivated. The trial would be to travel dangerously into enemy territory either as a stowaway or a small raiding party and bring back treasures or victories, to reclaim its position in the vox society.

2. Only for a few vox who are merchants trades with thalers, but for the average vox thalers is of less importance, and rather on stealing technology or materials. To be honest, I would like to know the answer on this question to be sure.

3. Depends on the situation. If the vox are fewer than the humans they would avoid direct contact, and rather on stealing from stray humans or steal from their ship without them noticing. If they outnumber them the vox would be more confident in a direct approach. The vox would try to sabotage and divide them as much as possible.

4. The Sad Onion

The Sad Onion Deputy Vox Maintainer

Ooooookay. Before making any final decisions I'd like to hear what @Loaf has to say about all this.

5. Loaf

Loaf THE SIGNAL THE SIGNAL THE SIGNAL Ascent Species Maintainer Deputy Vox Maintainer

Looks pretty good to me.
    It isn't.

6. Enzymi

Enzymi Bartender

Ok great!

7. Eonoc

Eonoc Vox Species Maintainer Deputy Serpentid Maintainer

So, note. Armalis aren't really currently in the game in anything other than an adminspawn capacity. The standard Vox you see most of the time is the Primalis, and they are the only ones you can spawn as, at the moment. Character concept is otherwise good, issue of Vox strain notwithstanding, so I'll overlook it.

Other than that, this app looks pretty solid. Gonna slap my approval on it.

The Sad Onion likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.