Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Europa Station

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Loaf, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Loaf

Loaf Retired Staff

Stuff so far:
    - Increase PDA light range (add a flashlight utility?)
    - Drag and drop to climb into cryo or sleepers.
    - Resprite doors to proper underwater airlocks (also rewrite doors hnnngh).
    - Make explosions only create dirt, not flooding, unless the dirt is adjacent to a flooded tile.

2. SparklySheep

SparklySheep Retired Staff

Make roboticists start with a loaded toolbelt instead of a toolbox.

3. Colten

Colten Assistant

-Baseball Bats being able to fit in bags again OR be slung on backs.
    -An indicator for when something is in a holster. Could be something vague like 'The Holster Looks full', or up to 'There is a Custom NT Mk. 58 in (NAME)'s holster!'
    -Maybe take a look at the likelihood of bladed weapons getting stuck in a target? I don't know, stabbing a guy with a switchblade and then immediately losing it seems kind of wonk.
    -When smoking a pipe stuffed with dried whatever, you currently take ALL of the contents in at once. First puff is equivalent to swallowing an entire reishi, for example. Maybe look at that?
    -Content indicators on portable tanks would be nice. Anything from a pressure gauge to a 'LOW/MED/HIGH' indicator. Maybe not on the default blue emergency tanks, but on the extended and double-extended, it'd be sweet.
    -Some way to secure people in hardsuits. Maybe not perfectly, but like-- Cable-tying their wrists together for even a SHORT resist period would be neat-o.

4. xDarkSapphire

xDarkSapphire Sol Gov Pilot

I stand by wanting being flashed as a borg to not make you have to reselect everything on your bar. It's terrible for trackpad users like me. ;-;

5. Colten

Colten Assistant

-Re-add food garbage

6. Loaf

Loaf Retired Staff

Done, baseball backs have a back icon/slot update.
    Done, holsters will show up as 'occupied waist holster'. You can also holster fruit and small animals, because why the fuck not.
    Done. Jetpacks don't get indicators though.
    Europa doesn't have roboticists so this is something for the Little Ideas thread.

7. GinjaNinja32

GinjaNinja32 Executive Officer

Random Greyshirt unholsters the banana, ready to shoot!

SkyMarshal likes this.
  8. Loaf

Loaf Retired Staff

This was a bug, done.

9. EmGee

EmGee Retired Staff

Port RPD(Rapid Pipe Dispenser) from /tg/, shouldn't be hard.
    Progress bars. It's a massive quality-of-life thing, might be hard to port though.
    Building rechargers.
    Water alarms similar to fire larms, that detect flooding and seal areas would be essential, too. Maybe you could merge the two?

10. Loaf

Loaf Retired Staff

Water is a gas so at the moment atmos alarms pick it up.

What is a building recharger?

11. Neerti

Neerti Sol Gov Pilot

I think he meant being able to construct a recharger.

12. EmGee

EmGee Retired Staff

nice

13. SparklySheep

This might be difficult to implement but the ability to queue multiple items in an autolathe kinda like the exosuit fabricator. It's useful if you want to make a bunch of tools or a bunch of buckets or something.

14. insanegame27

insanegame27 Senior Enlisted Advisor

Question: what planet is europa station on? If it's underwater that means on a planet. Earth?

Additional question: Are spacesuits now swimsuits? Also the swimsuits/scuba gear in the recreation area is that waterworthy?

15. SparklySheep

It's on Europa, the sixth moon of Jupiter.

16. insanegame27

Oh. I am not an astronomer, so I did not know that.

Is there a test server up for it? IP? (not that I can play without my computer cord, but its a handy link to transfer over when I do get it back)

17. Loaf

Loaf Retired Staff

I've added pocket sand and some neat cable stuff.
    [​IMG]
    Autolathe queues are doable but I want to do a proper machine rewrite so that's already on the cards for later.

Noble Caos likes this.
  18. Loaf

Loaf Retired Staff

You can now pull your punches when sparring to 'lightly tap' people and deal halloss instead of brute.

EDIT: Also drones get jetpacks and extinguishers. MORE IDEAS PLS.

19. insanegame27

If its underwater maybe even rename a bunch of items. Instead of Jetpack have it called... wait, are underwater jetpacks a thing? Rename the space suits to swimsuits.

20. Loaf

Loaf Retired Staff

That is already being done.