Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gabol's first, one and only.

Discussion in 'Character Bios' started by Gabol, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Gabol

Gabol Chef

LU - 860927
    [​IMG]
    {Last Update}: 2307-03-18

[Full Serial]: LUNA-860927/2286-#037
    [Race]:
    Vat-Grown Humanoid
    [Exact Date Harvested]: 2286-09-27 02:00AM
    [Location Harvested]: Sol - Terra II (Luna) - SCG {SECVAC} / Sponsored Elysium Controlled VAt growth Center
    [Modelled after Ethnicity]: Selenian
    [Sex]: Female
    [Weight]: 135lb / 61.2kg
    [Height]: 5'7'' / 170cm
    [Eye Colour]: #6abdb7 (Light, Smokey, Blue)
    [Hair Colour]: #dfc825 (Dark, Corn, Blonde)
    [Distinctive Traits]: Closely shaved hair, extremely pale skin.

[Spoken Languages]: Galactic Common, Sol Common, Selenian
    [Preferred Language]: Sol Common

[Next of Kin]: N/A
    [Emergency Contact]: N/A

[Branch of Service]: Fleet
    [Rank]: O-1
    [Currently Serving on]: SEV Torch
    [Current Duty]: Bridge Officer
    [SCG Relation]: Loyal
    [Political Sympathies]: Solarians for Freedom & Rights

[Race]:
    Vat-Grown Humanoid
    [Location Harvested]: Sol - Terra II (Luna) - SCG {SECVAC} / Sponsored Elysium Controlled VAt growth Center
    [Spoken Languages]: Galactic Common, Sol Common, Selenian
    [Preferred Language]: Sol Common
    [Next of Kin]: N/A
    [Emergency Contact]: N/A

[Notable Information]:

[Specific Postmortem Instructions]: Burial at space.
    [Prosthetic Implant(s)]: N/A
    [Allergies]: N/A
    [Smokes]: Y
    [Drinks]: Y

[Surgical History]:
    -

[Medication History]:

[Current Medications / Prescriptions]:
    N/A

[Torch Physical Evaluations]:
    2306-02-21:
    Pass, Slight underperformance.

[Documented Physiological Disorders]:
    -Vat-Grown Humanoid Severe Pigment Deficiency

[Torch Psychological Evaluations]:
    2306-02-14:
    Passed.
    [Evalutator notes]: Shows certain sensibility towards her condition, cloning and vat-growth as a subject in general.

[Documented Psychological Disorders]:
    N/A

[Exact Bodily Measurements]:
    [Height]:
    5'7''
    [Weight]: 135lb
    [Chest]: 29'
    [Waist]: 24'
    [Hips]: 36'
    [Inseam]: 31'
    Body measurements assumed under the fleet recommendation of 1h 20' of daily exercise.

[Obstetric History]:
    {Infertile}

[Race]:
    Vat-Grown Humanoid
    [Branch of Service]: Fleet
    [Rank]: O-1
    [Currently Serving on]: SEV Torch
    [Current Duty]: Bridge Officer

[Education Summary]:
    [Current Qualifications]:
    Bachelor's degree, majored in Military Technologies & Applied Sciences. Midshipmanship served at the Service Academy of New Hamburg.
    [Current Certifications]: SCG Fleet Pilot's Qualification, SCG Fleet Officer's Qualification.

[Service Record]:
    [Organization]:
    Defence Forces
    [Branch]: Fleet
    [Unit]: 5th Fleet, Support Group Bravo
    [Vessel]: SFV Euphrates
    [Duty]: Active
    [Record to date]: O-1, Bridge Officer
    [Currently transferred to Torch Mission]

[Race]:
    Vat-Grown Humanoid
    [SCG Relation]: Loyal
    [Political Sympathies]: Solarians for Freedom & Rights

[Arrest History]:
    N/A

[Threat Assessment]:
    [Threat Level]:
    Very Low
    [Notes]: N/A
    [Comments]: We have so far monitored her extensively, she has never willingly caused trouble, and is not expected to do so.

LU - 860927, or Luna as we had come to call her from her place of "birth",¹ had been put in my hands at the age of three, with the intent to raise her in a military environment in preparations to join the SCG Fleet.

[Biology]:
    While heavily similar to any other human, this vat-grown "model" for the lack of terms, is grown to the ripe age of two, constantly monitored, at a normal pace, sterilized and vaccined. Following their early upbringing, the child is preemptively assigned a "caretaker" such as myself, who would handle a "batch". While not the most efficient, and certainly not what most people rightly assume when thinking about mass, quickly vat-grown humanoids, this allows for an institution to grow a efficiently tuned and healthy "workforce" with a clear purpose.²

[Education]:
    After being handed over, Luna proceeded through primary and secondary education remarkably, proving herself to be truly apt for the task at hand. She joined the New Hamburg Service Academy at the young age of fifteen with the most of her class, completing her degree by May 2305 at the age of 18.

[Service]:
    Luna quickly answered the call of duty, being assigned to the SFV Euphrates, in the 5th Fleet, within the Support role of Group Bravo, tasked with the 5th fleet's logistics. Keep in mind this one of the newest groups in the whole of the fleet, which sees many personnel through in the effort to organize the massive logistics of the fleet. And so Luna was soon reassigned to the Torch Mission in 2306, while still technically part of her previous unit.

[Personality and Behaviour]:
    Luna is generally an introvert person, who even though perfectly able to withstand and enjoy the company of others and socialize, would rather be left alone from time to time or speak to someone close to her, even if such individuals are a rare sight. She is able take initiative in most situations if so is required, but she doesn't fare well under excessive pressure.

1. The assignation of a nickname to a vat-grown is an approved and recommended practice to avoid their de-humanization, which might cause long term psychological problems.
    2. The quickest ways of producin vat-grown humans would not allow enough time for the intensive education required to produce an effective officer corps. The practice of producing vat-growns for commissioned positions spans from the need to cheaply fill fleet combat losses.

The vat-grown subject is vague, with minimal information in the wiki, unable to find extensive information in the forums either I have drafted this character as not a super soldier, but a government regulated and sponsored program for fleet officers which would be more of less common place. It should not interfere with any stablished canon as far as I am concerned. If someone believes this character's backstory does not make any sense whatsoever, please do say so, after all commenting on characters is why this sub-forum exists, I believe.

On a sidenote, I must apologize for not having a self-derogatory title, a pun title, a title that claims that the character(s) presented are gimmick(s) with the intent to fool the reader into thinking that they are the opposite, nor a title packed with irony and humour. And so, this title is true to its content. This is my first proper character in baystation, the one and only I have and will have for the near future while returning to play on the server.

Character Image Commissioned to https://artistsnclients.com/people/Ayie_OlaerArt

Q: "Oh, but Gabol, you absolute fucking LRP shithead, you are supossed to have more than 1 character to maximize your roleplay opportunities!"
    A: No, go away. I'm fine playing a single character until it's as fleshed out as nuclear technology was fleshed out from the 50s to the 90s.
    Q: "Bah! This is just another shitty child supersoldier project gimmick character with no Juice to go with it!"
    A: You could of course think of this that way, but considering we're currently in a military roleplay server, (To an extent) with the canon technology to actually grow people with an intended purpose at the hands of organizations, I granted myself the gusto to develop a character on those lines, while still trying to make its backstory as down to earth and mundane yet interesting as possible.
    Q: "Why the ACTUAL FUCK would anyone bother to design female Vat-Growns for military personnel?"
    A: They didn't, as inneficient as it may sound, these glorified designer babies don't account for the sex of the subject, which is left to genetics to determine by itself. That part of the genetic code has not been researched upon and is to be left completely unaltered due to the morally pitch black subject that would be, and the effects on the population balance it would have if anyone would be able to do such a thing on a big scale. Things are different for Vat-Growns copied off grown adults for obvious reasons.
    Q: "You just fucking made up the previous answer to fit your narrative, you f************** abysmal ******* ****** king of the **************** *********** of **********"
    A: Yes, I did. I believe it is a fair statement to make, and unless someone wishes to challenge my headcanon I believe it is justified to fit my narrative, as it generally does not conflict with the stablished canon. If someone ever wished to heavily expand on the Vat-Grown lore and include something regarding this I'd be happy to change my character's backstory until it fit the new canon as a glove.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019 at 9:57 AM
  2. Neon1ight

Neon1ight Petty Officer First Class