Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Galaxies End - A science fiction worldbuilding and writing project

Discussion in 'Fiction and Writing' started by SierraKomodo, Dec 6, 2018.

1. SierraKomodo

SierraKomodo Command Keyword Detected

Since high school, I've been developing a science fiction universe in my head on and off. It slowly grew and expanded as I did various forms of small scale writing and role playing, drawing a lot of inspiration from from life, books, games, tv shows, and movies. It all started as a generic backstory for an RP character named Jack Wolfe, and has now grown into a full blown universe with history, characters, factions, and lore that I've been putting a new focus on building for the past year. I've started itching to share this with people, so I thought I'd start a thread up here for anyone who might be interested. The main premise behind the project is what humanity's role is in the galactic theater of politics, and how the human tendency towards conflict is affecting the galaxy as a whole. Here's a blurb off the front page of Galaxies End on WorldAnvil:

Those of you interested in military oriented stuff should take a look at the United Arshan Federation and articles under the 'Arshan' category in the table of contents.

I'm always open to feedback on anything I've written, whether it be positive or negative criticism, grammar nitpicking, or questions that were raised and unanswered by something I wrote.

Tristan63 and RuneCap like this.
  2. RuneCap

RuneCap Bartender

Holy shit, it's like if I actually expanded upon a dozen of my sci-fi universe ideas. It's written good and actually has a divided race unlike SS13 (in most servers, humanity is united into one single thing and it's annoying because we all know humans can't cooperate well for longer than a couple years and that there'd be multiple split branches and civil wars). Those pages are like a wiki and they make me want to expand upon my own sci-fi universe I was thinking onfthat takes some ideas from thou server that shalln't be named (Lifeweb).

3. SierraKomodo

There's a lot of inspiration from all over gaming, literature, movies, etc. "War. War never changes."

Side note, this made my day :D

4. SierraKomodo

I've put some time into writing a bit more about the United Arshan Federation's military - Specifically, Alpha Squadron, the specialized 'elite forces' branch: https://www.worldanvil.com/w/galaxies-end-sierrakomodo/a/alpha-squadron-article