Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accepted Game Ban Appeal - Grustic - Tomdroid

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Grustic, May 21, 2020.

1. Grustic

Grustic Bartender

Hi.
    BYOND Key:
    Grustic
    Date and Time of Ban:
    21/5/2020 ~ 1:30 PM
    Character name at the time of banning:
    Sam Ranch

Name of admin who banned you: Tomdroid
    Jobs you were banned from (if applicable): N/A
    Reason you were banned:Taking space drugs I found during an expedition
    Duration of ban: 1 week
    IRC hostmask (only if you're banned from IRC) N/A
    :Discord username (only if you're banned from Discord or dev channels): N/A
    GitHub username (only if you're banned from the repository): N/A

Reason you should be unbanned:
    Hi, I understand that my actions were a breach of the sane and mature behavior roleplay rule but at the time it was a stupid lapse of judgement. All I can say I guess is that I did not intend it to affect other people's round in any significant way or to use it as an excuse to do anything that would be a further breach of that rule. In future I'll refrain from any similar behavior and admit that it was something that was a clear rulebreak but in the moment I didn't consider that. Though the ban is justified, I want to ask for a reduction as I enjoy the server a lot and have taken the lesson intended. Although I've mostly played on servers with lower RP standards I'm very much enjoying playing on a server with a higher standard but I obviously have a minor penchant for wacky inane bullshit that I need to work on somewhat.

Thanks for considering.
    Grustic

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  2. Grustic

Grustic Bartender

Just to also address the fact that I've only just come off a previous 24hr ban- I was told to review the rules and did so genuinely although obviously my interpretation was not correct in said action, but my behavior was not an action in bad faith. I'd seen other people do similarly silly actions at times in other rounds, for example drinking hard spirits to such a level that their liver is destroyed, although in retrospect their actions were probably not within the rules either and admins probably intervened also in some way

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  3. tomdroid

tomdroid Game Radmin Game Administrator

Hello. You are correct in saying that drinking massive amounts of alcohol is against the rules. Can you tell me, specifically, which rules you've broken?

4. Grustic

Grustic Bartender

I think mostly 20(c) " They must have common sense, seek comfort, and avoid pain and death." but to a lesser extent maybe 20(e) too "They must not seek to kill, maim, or act "crazy" under normal conditions"

5. tomdroid

tomdroid Game Radmin Game Administrator

Mostly just 20, as a whole. You need to put yourself into the boots of your character. Would you take drugs you found in a drug lab in some faraway country? No, probably. Keep that in mind. Additionally, an unban is not a clean slate, and this ban may be reapplied if this behavior continues. Lifted.