Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accepted Game Ban Appeal - Jaaackx - Ecklesfire

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Jaaackx, Aug 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaaackx

Jaaackx Assistant

BYOND Key: Jaaackx
    Date and Time of Ban: 20/5/2019 02:45:34
    Character name at time of banning: Unsure
    Name of admin who banned you:Ecklesfire
    Reason you were banned: Racism in chat. Greytide behaviour.
    Duration of ban: Permanent
    Reason you should be unbanned: Can't really excuse my behaviour, but I had just started playing the game, began on some of the more colourful servers where slurs and stuff were commonplace, joined Baystation and immediately started being a dick. Can't remember the exact circumstances surrounding the ban but I'm a bit more in touch with the community now and have realised that jumping between servers being an asshole isn't particularly funny. Would just appreciate the chance to experience Baystation now I've got used to the game, I hear it's pretty complex in some aspects like medical and I fancy trying HRP. Not much I can say other than I'm sorry, and I'd make sure I follow all the server rules from now on. Thanks.

2. Eckles

Eckles Senior Administrator Game Administrator Skrell Species Maintainer

Hi. go take a read of our rules. Tell me which ones you broke and how.

3. Jaaackx

Jaaackx Assistant

As mentioned I can't really remember the actual events leading to the ban, so I can only really say I know for sure that I broke rule 1, don't be a dick. As for 'greytiding' I'll just assume that's the self antagging rule but I genuinely can't remember what I actually did.

4. Eckles

You joined the server, engaged in low-rp greytide. Spewed off some racist words, failed to roleplay anything in the slightest, fought a bunch of people then logged out on the spot.

5. Jaaackx

Jaaackx Assistant

I mean I think that's pretty much the rules I said above. I get it, I was a dick, I assumed every server was just lowrp bullshit and I was a dumbass. I really am sorry and I'd just appreciate a chance to actually be able to try and play properly.

6. Eckles

Right. What I'm asking you to do is, based on the information I gave you, is to go to our rules, found here: https://wiki.baystation12.net/Rules

And tell me which of those you think you broke that match up with what I said. Based on the information I've given you, you can, if you read the rules, see you broke more than "don't be a dick."

7. Jaaackx

Jaaackx Assistant

1. Don't be a dick.
    6. Don't kill needlessly.
    1. Play as your character.
    9. Roleplay with regard for others.
    11. Do not play a character that is overly comfortable with killing.
    I feel like these summarize it fine, my actions probably fit under other rules but this is the core stuff. Pretty sure the vast majority of stuff just comes under rule 1.1-1.4.

8. Eckles

Okay I'm gonna go ahead and lift this ban but be warned you're on fairly thin ice. Any more racism from you will be met with a fairly permanent ban, we don't tolerate that here.

Accepted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.