Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denied Game Ban Appeal - TheScottGuy - Boznar

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Mini, Feb 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mini

Mini Assistant

BYOND Key: TheScottGuy
    Date and Time of Ban: 09/02/2020 17:26
    Character name at time of banning: Javon-Q-1985
    Name of admin who banned you:Boznar
    Reason you were banned: Admin cited a lack of caution and self-preservation in dealing with an anatgonist.
    Duration of ban: A week.
    Reason you should be unbanned:

The ban is unreasonable both IC and OOC, considering both the situation at hand and the mechanics of the game itself. My character was aiming at a dangerous, armed criminal whom he had orders to apprehend from the CO. Upon aiming his gun, said criminal told him to lower the gun since the room was full of hydrogen. My character had no confirmation of this fact besides the word of the person who, if given the chance, would assumedly kill him to get away. My character refuses to lower the gun, and, instead of insisting further on the matter, the antag moved, knowing it would result in them being shot, and knowing it would cause a fire. My character had no reason to belive this situation would have occurred, since, again, he had no proof the room was filled with hydrogen, and even if it was, that would give even less reason for the antagonist to make sudden movements, since even they said “i don’t want to die and neither does you.” Furthermore, i belive the ban itself is incorrect in that, from my (admittedly possibly incorrect memory) the only person killed in the explosion was the antagonist themselves. Although the situation itself is unfortunate and i will admit i did accidentally ruin what could have been pretty interesting RP, i belive a full-on week-long ban from the server is unwarranted, given the actions were not outlandish neither IC nor OOC. From what i recall, the round was also ending, so i don’t quite think it holds as much weight as it would otherwise aswell.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  2. Boznar

Boznar lazy sheep boss Game Administrator

Hi, @Mini

Considering numerous recent issues brought up among staff regarding validhunting behavior and disregard for personal safety, this ban is going to stand as is.

You were an explorer, you took it upon yourself to take on the role of security for yourself (albeit under the CO's direction, hence the leniency of this ban), disregarded a direct threat from an antagonist who warned you at least twice what would happe, and caused massive damage to the ship, crew, and yourself.

This appeal neither demonstrates an understanding of wrongdoing, nor does it acknowledge a reoccurring issue with an ample explanation.

Denied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.