Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game Screenshots: whooaaaa look what I did

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Apple Master, May 26, 2017.

1. Apple Master

Apple Master Donator

Post your screenshots! Cool ones, amusing ones, whatever. Share em out!

Rules:
    • You must be the author of the screenshot(s).
    • Add the name of the game so we don't get a hundred "what's the name of the game?" posts.
    • Maybe add some context if needed.
    • Tag NWS images.

To start, two screenshots.
    First, Haven and Hearth
    [​IMG]

And then, Cities: Skylines - But this was taken ages ago and i haven't played for a while. My designs suck I know
    [​IMG]

2. lordekilly

lordekilly Sol Gov Pilot

froggle doggle.PNG

NBA 2k17: Played as Hakeem Olajuwon (favorite basketball player, center on the houston rockets in the 80s and 90s) and played against my friend who played as Larry Bird (really good forward on the celtics in the 80s, one of the best) Both had really good games, but I pulled through with a triple double (quadruple double if you count the turn overs) I lost in the end, but I spread the points more than my friend.

doggle noggle.PNG

NBA 2k17: Played as Shaq on the 94' Magic with one of my friends as Penny, against my friend from the previous picture. Just to put in perspective, 40 rebounds in a game is CRAZY. Most centers average in the teens, and the only people to ever get above 40 were Wilt Chamberlain (basically still hold every nba record still, and he played in the 60s) and Bill Russel, who is just a savage. Got a triple double, which I'm also proud of. Also happy we stuffed my friend with a 50 point win.

Blocked out our steam names for privacy my dudes.

Apple Master likes this.
  3. F-Tang Steve

F-Tang Steve Serpentid Species Maintainer

This is my subnautica base! I've put way more hours into that game than I should have and have been on the same file for a long time.

264710_20170514011142_1.png

And here's the view out of that observatory at the front!

264710_20170514010929_1.png

4. Apple Master

Apple Master Donator

Oh man I love Subnautica! i never got super far in it though.

5. F-Tang Steve

It's a fantastic game, and I've never really looked at the area maps or anything on any wikis, I've wanted it to be a real exploratory experience. And my cyclops is organised as fuck, it's glorious. Everything is done by the formula of the materials inside because the labels aren't very long.
    264710_20170514012447_2.jpg 264710_20170514012447_3.jpg 264710_20170514012447_1.jpg

6. Apple Master

Apple Master Donator

I didn't even know much of that was possible, to be honest :eek:
    Maybe i should give it another go.

7. F-Tang Steve

You should start fresh and don't read any guides for a long time. It's the best way, nothing was spoiled for me in advance. It's very much an exploration game.

Apple Master likes this.
  8. lordekilly

lordekilly Sol Gov Pilot

oldy but goody.PNG

Heats of Iron 4: Started with some friends as Commonwealth nations, broke free and formed our own super factions. Proceeded to dominate the world. I'm Canada, started a coupe d'etat in the USA, then declared war on the weakened US and dominated it. One of my friends was South Africa, spat out a bunch of infantry divisions and just went apeshit on the African continent, and my other friend in India took over central asia, a little bit of China, and just declared war on the Soviet Union. We would've probably continued this save-game, done a lot of cool stuff, but an update came out and the savefile got corrupted. Good times though.

9. Manored

Manored Executive Officer

Subnautica sounds really cool, but I'm waiting for it to be done.

If I happen to do anything fantabulastic while gaming, I might shot a screenshot in your general directions.

10. TcOne

TcOne Research Director

Subnautica will be done soon enough. And since it have story it's better to wait till release, yeah.

Noble Caos likes this.
  11. Noble Caos

Noble Caos The Lorax

Hearts of Iron IV, my own screenshots. Sadly did not take pictures of facist US and italian owned birtain.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Only true Norway is communist Norway

Manored likes this.
  12. Manored

Another game you butts are making me want to play, although I was catastrophically unable to enjoy Hearts of Iron 3. I hear 4 is far more acessible.

13. Syndikate

Syndikate Sol Gov Pilot

It really has a significantly less steep learning curve

14. Ursur

Ursur Retired Staff

I'm playing Caves of Qud, a retrofuturistic roguelike with mutants and excellent world going on, in my free time.
    The 'graphics' of the paid version (available on Steam) are something in between ASCII and a proper tileset like ones you can see in Dwarf Fortress, giving the game a very unique feel. The few tracks in-game are also very immersive and well-made. The game is vast, its updated weekly with meaningful features, and is adequately challenging. If you like being a computer autist, my warm recommendation to this one.
    Below, my most succesful character yet, a mutant, pyromantic, horned junk scavenger and tinker Istra (sex undefined). You mostly fight monsters,scavenge for wonky artifacts and explore the world in this game. There is also a very nice crafting system and a huge flexibility when it comes to character creation (at least with mutants). The setting is clearly a lot of time after some apocalypse, salt and asphalt is abundant, water is regarded as currency among other things. Remaining 'clean' humans hunkered down in arcologies, and a super-advanced templar order chases down and eradicates mutants on sorties.
    Screens are: character sheet, some of the most interesting/best items I managed to get, and the parting with the world - I got a nasty illness that makes your joints in legs turned into solid bones and couldn't find a cure, so I decided to suicide before succumbing to thirst or starvation (being immobile), by swallowing a mysterious fluid from a vial I found in some ruined basements deep underground. It exploded me to shitbits for some reason. And yeah, permadeath is a thing.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    For actual 'graphics' I recommend watching some videos, together with music it's a wonderful experience. Sucks me in for hours.
    Well, unless staring at letters and pixels aren't your thing, I presume.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  15. Just reminded me I owned that game, started playing again. Trying to keep it exploratory and experimental too, gives you an actual reason to go out and look for things if you have to discover them yourself. Been playing with the oculus though, can be pretty scary. My gf plays ALOT of horror games, to the extent that she doesn't really find them scary. However a little while on subnautica on VR and she was pretty terrified when moving out to the deeper parts of the map! :D Just started building my first base, its at 90m and I only have a basic O2 tank. This means I have about 15 seconds to build before having to surface again... And again... :p Alot of fun though, can't wait to get my cyclops in VR.

16. Manored

Having something to lose is a new brand of horror compared to the "scary stuff in your face" thing horror games usually do. You're never gonna panic playing a game as hard as you do when you're playing a game with a harsh death penalty and suddenly something completely unknown and terrifying turns the corner.

Ursur likes this.
  17. Memed Hams

Memed Hams Bartender

Ah, Caves of Qud. It's a bit of an old friend to me, been following it since early development, being a fan of rogue-likes. My game-beating character was a pure esper with a focus on followers and dominating. When I beguiled a Salt Kraken(Think Mongolian Death worm, the Salt is a big salt desert) and proselytized(convinced it to join me...somehow?) a Giant Magma Crab(Volcano Creb boi), I basically became unstoppable, dancing around and preventing myself from being hit, using an ability called temporal fugue to duplicate myself around twenty times and reinforce my army, and occasionally blinking out of trouble.
    Only thing I could never kill was the Leering Stalker, a giant death robot that wanders the hardest area of the game, the Deathlands(Name is self explanatory. You will die).

By the way, SS13 is basically a rouge-like where the randomness each round is supplied by the fickle nature of those playing it.

Manored likes this.
  18. Earthcrusher

Earthcrusher SMASHER/DEVOURER Laser Tag 2019 Participant

Warframe, baby!

Fuck, this game is good. Hit me up as KingEverlong.

[​IMG]

19. Banditoz

Banditoz Senior Enlisted Advisor

Some dda screenshots.

You hear a noise! Stop crafting?
    uZnxC.png
    Never mind.
    screenshot_20180714_185427.png

Manored and Earthcrusher like this.
  20. Manored

I'm always attracted to the idea of old timey roguelikes but get bored quickly when I actually play then. With the exception of Crawl Stone Soup, which has a far above average rate of success keeping my attention.

And Warframe is too repetitive, its basically mass-murdering a bunch of folks while running super fast and shooting and stabbing and zapping things, forever.