Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game Screenshots: whooaaaa look what I did

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Apple Master, May 26, 2017.

1. Banditoz

Banditoz Senior Enlisted Advisor

Roguelikes for me are very difficult. It's hard to enjoy them when I keep dying all the time (at least with dda).

Manored likes this.
  2. Manored

Manored Executive Officer

Well, they usually adhere to the Dwarf Fortress philosophy of that dying is fun, meaning that by design you will die dozens of times before learning how to succeed, if the game even has a win condition.

They tend to bore me to tears because you will often be performing the same basic activity over and over again on them. Even Stone Soup Crawl has an auto-fight button you will be using 90% of the time, in between the fights that actually pose a threat.

3. Manored

Haha, don't be silly, savescumming in a roguelike is *wrong*

4. LorenLuke

LorenLuke Commanding Officer

People tell me it's fun and not as grindy as before, but I played when it was relatively new and all that I can remember was that it had more grind than a skate park built on a nightlcub full of mortar-and-pestles.

Manored likes this.
  5. Manored

I last played it about a year ago tops and nah its still mega-grindy. I don't know how it stacks up against other MMOGs, but that bar is low anyways.

6. Memed Hams

Memed Hams Bartender

Warframe's pretty fun, once you get into it. One thing i've found: Once you get to MR 10, make an effort to use a different frame each mission, unless a certain frame is absolutely necessary. Helps keep things fresh. Having friends in-game also helps.

7. Memed Hams

Memed Hams Bartender

Also, I often hear people saying "I played it at start" or "I played it a year ago" and all I can say is try it again. They really have changed quite a bit in the last year. For instance, a bunch of the broken grind systems are gone, the main quest-line is fleshed out, they've added like 10 new frames with associated side quests, and they have two open-world areas, if that's your thing. also, relics work now.

8. Earthcrusher

Earthcrusher SMASHER/DEVOURER Laser Tag 2019 Participant

It is still extremely grindy but you have to realize that you're not expected to do things ASAP. My usual cycle is to log on, do my Sorties, do any Alerts that look neat. I'm working on my Octavia frame so I know a few missions that drop neurodes, which I need to build her. I set a part to build, it'll take 24 hours, I log off and do something else. Repeat the next day.

9. Loaf

Loaf Retired Staff

I know nobody on these forums except ChaosAlpha and NobleCaos are likely to have context let alone care, but: I got all three sets of Solstice armour in Destiny 2. Yee.
    [​IMG]
    Still need several glows if I want the full void and solar set, and to masterwork I need to do prestige raids (aaa), but the hard part is done.

Earthcrusher likes this.
  10. Blue_Bit

Blue_Bit Petty Officer First Class

Damn, I played Destiny 2 like crazy at launch, but then I finished all content and haven't touched it since. I think my favorite part of the whole game is just how sick the armor looks (especially warlocks).

11. Loaf

Loaf Retired Staff

If you liked it at launch you will probably like it a lot more now, they have retooled a shitload of mechanics and added a bunch of content and stuff to chase.

Major expansion, Forsaken, drops at the end of this month too so they'll probably do a DLC sale or two.