Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getbrecked - Dionaea

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Getbrecked, Jun 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Getbrecked

Getbrecked Bartender

About You

I’m a pretty new player, but I’ve been slowly settling into the community and working on my roleplay. I enjoy playing baystation because of the Military Setting.

What is your Byond key?

Getbrecked

How long have you been playing on Baystation 12?

Around a month or so, I may be a bit off.

What are the names of your better-known characters?

I play Jian Antov, but I’ve taken a break from him to play security jobs, so I play Dirk Greene a lot too.

About The Species

What alien species are you applying for?

Dionaea

Why do you want to play as the alien species?

I played them for a bit on paradise, as I was interested in the concept of “multiple little nymphs joining to form a gestalt”. I think the curiosity of this species would make roleplay more interesting for some roles.

What are some example names for the alien species?

Bright Lights in a Sea Of Darkness Through a Trusted Friend

View of Gleaming Stones in A Rugged World

Summarize what you know about the species.

The Diona are a race of beings discovered by the Skrell in a system known as Epsilon Ursae Minoris. Unlike most species, their bodies consist of multiple cat-sized creatures called Nymphs, with small, hard bodies and a large eye. A Nascent Gestalt is a small collection of nymphs, joined together, that will grow as it absorbs more Nymphs. They cannot communicate or coordinate well, but as they grow this will change. A full Gestalt is a mass of nymphs that can work together well. Dionaea Gestalts are what you will see on most ships. Their size can range from a few nymphs to a planet. Dionaea do not need to breathe and only do so to intake certain gases. Dionaea speak Rootspeak, which allows them to communicate with other Dionaea in the area or even all Dionaea from very long distances. Rootspeak itself is based on high and low-frequency radio waves, and is extremely hard to translate, requiring rooms full of equipment, even with the high technology of the future. Dionaea are naturally curious, from Nymph to Gestalt. Curiosity is the only feeling they naturally have, although they tend to fabricate others. Dionaea do not see why one would attempt to harm another being, and will only resort to violence once it is their last option, or they were commanded to. Dionaea don’t have names, but will usually keep a long description of a memory they are fond of, shortened to 3-4 words, as their name. As they learn and grow, Dionaea will pick up more mannerisms of the species they encounter the most, so they can fit in.

Thank you for considering my application.

(EDIT: Sorry if I butchered the plurals.)

2. Noble Caos

Noble Caos The Lorax Diona Species Maintainer

3. Getbrecked

Getbrecked Bartender

Alright, I'll get to work on that soon.

4. Noble Caos

Noble Caos The Lorax Diona Species Maintainer

Right, june 7th you were supposed to "get on that soon". Apply again if that is your wish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.