Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denied Glarbog

Discussion in 'Archived Player Complaints' started by Skoomonk, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Skoomonk

Skoomonk Assistant

Their BYOND username: Glarbog
    Their character name: Zackary Mason
    Your BYOND username:Skoomonk
    Your character name:Oralie Rowley
    Date, time, and game ID of incident: 2/3/2020 9:50 PST
    Who else can vouch for the situation: Jane Mercer, Isaac Winslow, Brendan Easter, Paul D'Ville, Remy Aime, Emelia Wagner, Jerry White, John Cragger, Javon-Q-1985, Medical, and probably more.
    What happened: The Command staff, Paul D'Ville (Captain), Remy Aime (Executive Officer), Jerry White (Bridge Officer), and myself (Oralie Rowley)(Chief of Security) were being held hostage by Emelia Wagner (Bridge Officer) under bomb threat. I had stepped in after the situation had started, and it quickly became clear that Emelia Wagner and Paul D'Ville did not want the crew, or Security to know about the situation, given that Emelia Wagner had access to Security comms. however not long after my arrival it became relatively obvious to Security that we were being held hostage. Despite being clearly told by myself, D'Ville, Aime, and White to not try to make his way to the bridge, Zackary Mason (Master at Arms) insisted he was going to anyways, believing it was a hostage situation. Mason was in a combat mech made by Robotics, apparently having misfired which I interpreted as him trying to break into the Bridge which I had locked down to keep him out. Because of that, I ordered Ions to be issued by the Brig Chief to forcefully eject Zackary from the Mech, promptly after Brendan Easter went up near the bridge, Zackary, believing he had Ions to get him out of the Mech, opted to shoot Easter with lethals. Eventually the Captain, Executive Officer, and Wagnar left, freeing me to handle Zackary, at this time the Brig Chief had yet to engage him with lethals, I (Very, very stupidly) opted to try to engage him myself, opening one of the paths to the Bridge and opening fire, subsequently being promptly taken down and quickly knocked into critical condition. I was recovered by John Cragger (Senior Enlisted Officer) and Jerry White, and moved to Medical. Not long after, every member of Security (Mercer, Winslow, Easter, and Mason) all ended up in Security, as Mason had opted to open fire with lethals on them, killing Jane Mercer, and critically wounding the rest of the department, however Isaac Winslow was able to detain them. Zackary Mason was not an Antag or a Renegade, they claimed ICly and OOCly that their actions were to rescue the hostages on the Bridge, despite knowing we were hostages, thinking it was a good idea to rush the Bridge in a mech, knowing nothing of the situation. When being told to cease by every ranking officer above him, he opted to continue anyways, and subsequently engage his own department with lethal force, when no lethal force was originally to be used against him. I did ahelp this when he engaged myself, with very little detail due to having to handle things ICly, which the Trial Admin Boznar responded to, and said he'd look into. However little seemed to come of that, which I do not agree with, given his none-Antag/Renegade status, yet active killing of Security and rambo behavior.
    Evidence that shows the incident fully (logs, screenshots, recordings, etc.)[/b]:Log of the round
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zYAAOJnpZrz7V73LwUcbYP7Ye0mU0SpdAyfJn8VdHIk/edit?usp=sharing

2. Boznar

Boznar lazy sheep boss Game Administrator

Hi, @Skoomonk

This issue was looked into and handled in round. Even if nothing seems to come of it, we aren't required or supposed to disclose our specific handling of tickets. Please don't post complaints of issues that were handled in round via ahelp.

Denied.