Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denied Hadoke - Skrell

Discussion in 'Archived Species Applications' started by Hadoje, May 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hadoje

Hadoje Assistant

What is your Byond key?
    Hadoke

What is your Discord username?
    Hadoje#7024

How long have you been playing on Baystation 12?
    Since the 22nd of January

What are the names of your better-known characters?
    Claudius Olphert, the gentlemanly Lunan Physician, is likely my best known character, though i have played a few other faces here and there.

About The Species

What alien species are you applying for?
    Skrell

Why do you want to play as the alien species?
    Well, I liked interacting with some of the wonderful Skrell players on bay. I also liked the general aesthetic and attitude they present, making them feel like an Alien species and not just “Human with another coat of paint”. This can be said for other races as well but skrell specifically feels very distinct to me, and I feel like I'd like to roleplay with a different base for my characters.

What are some example names for the alien species?
    Viuulrix Quur’Asuu
    Joseph Starborn
    Taep’xar Ma-Krix
    Olvuxquum!zuum Kal’ulvixrx*rix

Summarize what you know about the species.
    Originating from a stagnant, but more technologically advanced society. The skrell are a species with decades of millennia of recorded history, having begun their history in space millenia before humans could achieve flight. Skrell are a generally tall species, originating from the planet known as Qerr’Balak in the Qerr’Valis system. They reside in a technologically advanced yet stagnant society. The Skrell organise themselves in numerous city states in every planet they have a presence in. They are a society divided into castes with numerous roles to fulfill and general attributes which determine their perception and behaviour to some extent.

Skrellian society hinges on its caste system, while it does not determine the exact career path an individual skrell will take, it will decide the culture and by proxy the personal views of said skrell. While a Talum may be more appreciative of arts and to some extent seek out more expression via said art, a Raskinta will mostly leave such matters ignored, preferring to be one with their community and their life as a warrior. A Malish may be focused on the details of a problem, trying to solve the complex and subtle nuances that may be present, while a Kanin may take a more direct approach, and so on. However, this does not mean that the caste has no impact on your function. You will not see a Malish performing physical labours, and you will hardly see a Raskinta doing research work. Specific castes do not look at certain fields due to their different cultures, leaving it to other castes more suited to it.

Skrell are also a very emotional species, in their speech they often express their emotions especially when those become intense. In ZAC this may be hard, and many skrell can come off as cold, uncaring “meat-robots” at first glance, but that is far from the truth. A Skrell thrives off of the expression of their emotions via not only words but gestures and noises. A warble can mean many things, as can a trill or a rumble or even a chirrup! They do not, however, express their emotions via facial expressions unlike humans.

Lastly, the Skrell are a species dedicated to their work, with most individuals with the exception of specific castes being very communal. However, Talum and Malish can be somewhat more individualistic than the rest. Regardless, the Skrell value their community and their place in it.

Sky likes this.
  2. Eckles

Eckles Senior Administrator Game Administrator Skrell Species Maintainer

Hello given your recent poor note I'm going to ask you to play for a month of good activity with no notes before applying as this is generally my minimum requirement. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.