Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HiddenIdentityWasTaken - Vox

Discussion in 'On Trial' started by HiddenIdentityWasTaken, Sep 15, 2020.

1. About You

What is your Byond key?
    HiddenIdentityWasTaken

What is your Discord username?
    HIWT#8686

How long have you been playing on Baystation 12?
    for about- months

What are the names of your better-known characters?
    Ezekiel Dean, Wisdom

About The Species

What alien species are you applying for?
    Vox

Why do you want to play as the alien species?
    I saw some fun rounds with Vox and spectated them a lot while on the away site. Pretty fun to watch and I would like to actually try and play one to really be one of those scavenger/pirate/bandit. There aren't also a lot of Vox players, so being one who is always down for some RP and playing on an away sites will be cool.

What are some example names for the alien species?
    I can literally smash my hand on the letters repeatedly and this will get a me a name.
    Vikikk'iti, Kirr'ikitt'i, etc.

Summarize what you know about the species.
    That's where my favourite part comes in. I will not explain biology, unless it will be asked for, but I will explain behavior and all that instead. So, basically, Vox are viewed as the Raiders, with nothing more important in life, then stealing and raiding. They will ignore most of the warnings, raid and then dissapear. However, they got a reasoning, as they call all other species meat, Tree Man, Squids and so on. That implies that they think they are the superior species, thinking that all others are either below them or are irrelevant at all.

So, Apex is in command, considered a messenger of some "great cosmic authority" that non-Vox just don't get. Basically it is a giant monolith, that is dozens of meters and size, can't be moved, etc. It dictates behavior and tasks that have to be finished. Also, Vox care the most about their next of kin and self-preservation, as they are trying to save what is left of the empire at all.

They also got the language Vox Pidgin, which is most importantly loud and irritating to everyone around.

Myphicbowser likes this.
  2. Myphicbowser

Myphicbowser Deputy Vox Maintainer

Not the best quality application, we need a second layer to it then, give me a character concept and tell me more about how the Vox act, because I can tell you that your description is entirely wrong, I would elaborate more but that would give you answers, the tip I will leave you with is about Raiding, explain more about that process

3. Oof

Well, about the raiding. So basically Vox are trying to survive in the modern galaxy, due to the fact they are Thousands of years or more. That implies that all their tech is old and mostly unable to be produced more of. So the main thing they raid for is to get new tech or materials to survive for longer. They do it because they are programmed, via the cortical stacks,(I FOUND THE MISTAKE IN MY LAST DESCRIPTION) which includes Vox's personality and memories in it.

If the body of the Vox dies, it can just be replaced(cortical stack) and a new "Slave" basically is /born/ and ready to do what he is told to. There are basically two different strains, like Primalis, the ones created as Servitors and Laborers(basically a maid) and Armalis, the ones that are larger in build and are used for heavy labor and are a good combatants.

Character Concept:
    The main role would be Scavenger, which will fit me perfectly. Just a usual Vox, created as any other Vox, who is very loyal, as the he would not like his mind to be erased at all. The main thing he cares about is stealing stuff allowing to upgrade his ship, make it faster, stronger and more mobile at all costs. Never give up and always be ready with a plan for any situation. Steal nothing would be a shame, so coming back with nothing is considered an option in only /EXTREME/ cases and should not occur ever, if possible. However, between saving close of kin and stealing nothing, saving takes priority, always. Will never leave another Vox in danger, always coming to get the brother.

4. Myphicbowser

Myphicbowser Deputy Vox Maintainer

Well despite not naming the biggest issue, that Vox don't normally Raid are are better described as cowards and opportunists, your character concept is a strong push in the right direction. Vox don't like dying, Stacks can't be replaced and if you lose someone its harder to carry a corpse then walking along an injured Kinsman, so bascially I'm seeing flaws but also bunches of potential, accepted, on Trial