Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denied Igoral Game Ban Appeal/ Banned By Tomdroid

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Igoral, Oct 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Igoral

Igoral Bartender

BYOND Key: igoral
    Date and Time of Ban: 2019-10-03 16:17:10
    Character name at time of banning: Phillip Redmist
    Name of admin who banned you: Tomdroid
    Reason you were banned:
    Sem título.png
    Duration of ban: Permanent
    Reason you should be unbanned:
    I have no idea why i was banned.

2. tomdroid

tomdroid Game Administrator

Basically, you disconnected while I was talking to you. Now, sometimes this happens, and when it does, standard procedure is to ban the user so we may continue the discussion we were having before you disconnected. Anyway, just tell me the issue with setting an explosive implant to explode on the word "Avada Kedavra" and you'll be right as rain.

3. Igoral

Igoral Bartender

Well none, unless it isn't permitted to use latin words, Avada Kedavra means ''I kill when I speak.'' it doesn't mean anything else

4. tomdroid

tomdroid Game Administrator

It's Aramaic, for one, and it is also a direct reference to the wildly popular Harry Potter series. Making references to pop culture is not really neato.

5. Igoral

Igoral Bartender

No, just because i say "burguer" doesn't mean i'm making a reference to McDonalds
    Avada Kedavra is a phrase it wasn't created by the harry potter movies, it existed years before.

6. Mordeth221

Mordeth221 High Inquisitor Senior Administrator Game Administrator

Hello, this has been passed up the chain to the seniors.

The ruling is do not make references. It doesn't matter what your personal interpretation or knowledge of the reference is.

This ban was initially emplaced because you disconnected during an active ticket, and to have a discussion about it on the forums. It was never intended to be a permenant removal from the server, only to move you to a format where you can be contacted since the tickets apparently did not work out for you.

However, since you've made it perfectly clear you do not see anything wrong with your actions this ban will stick until you've understood that this isn't okay and will never be okay, no matter what mental gymnastics you want to type at us on that specific day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.