Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denied JAR_OSKI - Vox

Discussion in 'Archived Species Applications' started by Jar, Apr 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jar

Jar Petty Officer First Class

About You
    (So apologies in advance if you decide that my notes are not good enough for Vox again. I dont believe I have any shitter antag play, at all recently. Other than maining raider rather often which may or may not have racked some stuff. heres my last accepted app if you care? Idk. https://forums.baystation12.net/threads/el3tr1c-vox.8987/ I had it removed at the time because, I *thought* i had no interest in playing Vox, and I just didnt like how a lot of the lore was handled.)

What is your Byond key?
    JAR_OSKI
    What is your Discord username?
    J A R#9999

How long have you been playing on Baystation 12?
    3 years come July

What are the names of your better-known characters?
    Sophia Leavenworth
    Hunter Silverdale

Rest are in signature, but those are my two mains atm

About The Species

What alien species are you applying for?
    Theeeee shitbirds! Vox

Why do you want to play as the alien species?
    I think Vox as a concept are rather neat! The idea of a dwindling technologically advanced species, raiding and pillaging to maintain themselves, following orders from some higher being regarded as somewhat deity like is really cool to me. They're one of the only species I find on bay supremely interesting lorewise.
    That, and I really really really regret asking for my whitelist to be taken away, there have been so many opportunities where playing a Vox with some others would be really fun. And the vox ship is a whole ass vibe with other Vox around to interact with.

What are some example names for the alien species?
    (so as the wiki says, hit random a few times and work it out. I cant come up with vox names if my life depended on it, so Im going to C+P my old apps examples)

Riiakshrikaw
    Chaarkiyakitikaa
    Riitrikakari

Summarize what you know about the species.
    Vox are an ancient bio-engineered species with two distinct types, Primalis (the most common Vox) and the Armalis (less common, seen in heavy labor and leadership positions due to their sheer mass). They've been around for it all, the rise of the Vox Auralis (which is loosely mentioned in the RP guide anything off wiki for the most part I cant recall, apologies.) as well as countless galactic civilizations. Vox hail from constantly moving arkships, commanded by massive biocomputers dubbed the Apex, more on that soon. But, Vox have no one plot of space that they can claim as their own; Their fleet is their native territory. Vox technology, ranging from their FTL drives, to the weapons they use are extremely advanced, and almost incomprehensible to other species such as humanity, but they are as equally stagnant with no real progression. A lot of their technology is grown rather than constructed as well, and socially they are held with a very deep respect. A Vox and its bio-engineered technology share the same lineage.

The most important part of a Vox is their Cortical Stack. The stack is what makes a Vox a person. Anyone without a stack is not a person and means absolutely nothing. They are held generally in disregard unless they pose a threat or can help in some way shape or form. The stack holds all their memories and experiences, even though those memories and experiences decay over time, its what makes them an individual. This stack can be placed into a new grown body. While this is so, its still absolutely frowned upon to fall in combat. Vox are a dwindling species with no way to make new stacks, falling in combat is a massive risk not only to the stack of the fallen, but to the other Vox who must retrieve it.

As was touched on above, Socially Vox only regard themselves as people. They hold no empathy or even hatred towards people without these stacks because they mean absolutely nothing, meat to be exploited for materials and goods to maintain their arkships. Speaking of which, the rampant raiding and pillaging is highly encouraged among Vox, mostly because of the state of their arkships, having been described as degrading. Despite the constant raiding and pillaging of ships, violence is often seen as "not worth the effort." despite a few exceptions such as outgunning, outmanning or both.
    Vox crews are like family. They're led by one known as a "Quill", functionally the captain of the group. The quill can be challenged at almost any time by their fellow Vox should their actions be perceived as less than ideal. This is done through dominance fights. Dominance fights are very very similar to wrestling. Basically, as far as you can go without seriously injuring or killing each other. Doing either of those things is a very good way to have your Cortical Stack wiped.

Cupa, ryan062 and Gysilian like this.
  2. Jar

48hr b u m p

3. Jar

48hr bump v2

4. Jar

last bump for a while

5. Eonoc

Eonoc Vox Species Maintainer Deputy Serpentid Maintainer

Sorry for leaving you hanging on this for so long, but I'm afraid I'm not quite comfortable with your note history as it is. A lot of them are fairly recent, within a few months, so I'm gonna slap this with a negative at the moment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.