Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accepted Job ban apeal- RandyJones-Hephasto

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by RandyJones, Jun 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RandyJones

RandyJones Chef

BYOND Key: RandyJones

Date and Time of Ban: Dont know

Character name at time of banning: Unsure

Name of admin who banned you: Hephasto

Jobs you were banned from (if applicable): antagonist roles

Reason you were banned: "As traitor, wordlessly walked into atmos, opened a hydrogen canister, and lit a fire that killed him. Applying an antag ban due to history of doing this exact thing"

Duration of ban: Until appeal

Reason you should be unbanned: I misunderstood what it meant for a character to have a motivation to do something as well as what exactly it means to create a situation where others rp can benefit from it.

My characters motivations was that he was a terrorist extremist hired to sabotage the torches atmos which is why I wordlessly walked while one of the engineers was trying to make contact with me because if someone is going to sabotage something its not like there going to tell the only people that can stop them. That being said in retrospect its not really something me and the other players can benefit rp wise.

As to the sabotage itself at the time to me I was creating an active emergency for the crew but after seeing its effects on the atmosphere structure it was much less of an emergency and more of a disaster that not only engineering has to piece together like a chore but effects all players unfairly and generically rather than just being a hurdle where our experiences can mutually benefit from.

The admin that banned me did so fairly and ive learnt from my mistakes.

2. Hephasto

Hephasto Senior Administrator Game Administrator

Hello, I was the banning admin.

The central issue that led to the issuing of this ban wasn't necessarily the presence of a motivation, but the execution of your character's antag actions. Namely, we expect that antagonists drive the round forward in a fashion that ropes in and engages as many as people as possible. Silently starting a hydrogen fire in atmospherics is not only a pain for people to deal with, but the lack of interaction leading up to it doesn't exactly provide the engagement we're looking for.

If your character's motivations had been sabotage, there are better ways to go about it that provide the roleplay opportunities we're looking for. Start small, maybe disable APCs in critical areas while leaving cryptic or taunting notes for ship security to find and then build up to bigger things. The biggest thing to keep in mind is that, like with everything on the server, your goal should not be to win or to cause as much damage as possible, but to create as much RP as you can for yourself and others.

Once you've read through this, please go ahead and write a short summary of how your actions that round didn't further the goal of creating RP and I'd be happy to lift this.

3. RandyJones

RandyJones Chef

Thanks for the response.

Well to be frank there was nothing other players around the indecent could benefit from role play wise including both engineering and the rest of the crew the only thing I did was make a major annoyance without anything people could benefit from without giving any sort of reasoning why. That in mind it not only caused an annoyance but suddenly disrupted the rounds proceedings rather than be something organic others could benefit from or have any sort of interaction with prior to.

4. Hephasto

Hephasto Senior Administrator Game Administrator

This has been lifted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.