Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accepted Kozak411- Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Game Moderators - Archive' started by Kozak411, Oct 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kozak411

Kozak411 Forbidden Moderator Game Moderator

About You

What is your Byond key?
    Kozak411

What is your IRC or Discord handle?
    Juxtaposed#9930

In UTC, what time range(s) do you usually play in?
    10pm UTC to 7am UTC, slightly less on sundays, tuesdays and thursdays.

What are the names of your most played characters?
    Kaitlyn Whirlow - CE, Former BO
    Juke Juxley - Merc/Raider

How long have you been playing Space Station 13?
    Six months consistently, although I touched this server as early as.. April 2019?

How long have you been playing on Baystation? How much are you involved with our off-server community?
    Six months consistently, earliest is mid 2019. I don't touch other servers much, for better or worse. As for the community, I'd like to think I'm relatively well-known on the discord and I've made a few contributions to the game, with a few more cooking.

Have you been a moderator or admin on other Space Station 13 servers?
    Nope!

Have you been in a moderation role for a forum or on chat channels before?
    I've moderated two discord servers with about the same active population as baycord, and three twitch channels with around 300 viewers tops.

Tell us about you. What will make you a good moderator?
    When it comes to bay, I try to help keep things progressing - I play leadership roles to try and teach new players, I play what I feel is one of our more challenging antags to try and improve people's rounds. I contribute what I feel are QoL changes to our git to try and make the game more enjoyable and dynamic. The next step, ideally, would be moderating, taking some of the load to keep the rules enforced and allow bay to keep on keeping on.

I'd like to believe I've shown an ability to be calm and impartial, but I'm more than aware that I could be biased towards myself and others. Nobody is perfect, but the standards for staff are higher - in short, I wouldn't make this application if I didn't think I could meet them.

To the best of your knowledge and understanding, how you would interpret and handle the following scenarios?

Cornydinner9/(Blake Ashdown)) continually responds in LOOC in regards to the actions of 3wolfmoon/(Alek Mendoza) on their character rather than reacting to them normally. When you use OOC => Who, it shows that Cornydinner9 joined the server for the first time two days ago.

To begin, send them a greeting if they haven't been greeted already - the moderator guide says people should be noted as having been greeted, check the notes. The greeting shouldn't be too long, just a welcome to Baystation and a link to our rules and our roleplaying guide on the wiki. After either greeting them myself or confirming they've been greeted, it's time to politely inform them that reactions to in-game events, like the actions of another character or antag, should be handled through the "say" and "me" verbs, and that should they believe someone's in violation of the rules, they're encouraged to ahelp it to us.

gleaming3, an observer, has started a ticket in which they claim that StaleMichel50/(Pete Wethers) is "killing without RP", and they have not provided much information. When you use Admin => Check Antagonists, StaleMichel50 is listed as a traitor.

For starters, begin following StaleMichel and ask Gleaming for more information. If they can elaborate on their claims, it'll make it easier to investigate. Either way, I'd ask those killed by the accused about the situation, what lead up to their deaths, mainly. If they collaborate Gleaming's claim that there was no RP, I'd poke our friend Stale (provided they aren't busy - a quick "Hey, got a minute?" to check this works). Ask for their perspective, if they felt they RP'd the killings and there was sufficient escalation. If I haven't by this point, checking Stale's notes for previous incidents may be enlightening. It may be a repeat incident. After getting Stale's story, if the ahelp is valid, I'd politely direct them to our rules, specifically those for antags. If they were problematic or rude, it'd be time to inform them of potential consequences for future offences and get an admin involved if they persist. Either way, after the ticket is resolved I'd close it on Gleaming's end with a comment "Handled" or similar, and depending on the outcome may write up a note on Stale.

While you are observing, you notice that melancholy_Chad/(Ogden Bullthorn) and ProudYolande08/(Lou Penny) are both explorers, and have seemingly miraculously been able to find and rescue each other on the exoplanet with ease, in spite of their distances apart at various times and lack of communication with one another.

First, review logs. They could just be experienced explorers following pre-planned routes, unlikely though it may be. Then, if the logs don't absolve them, open a ticket with each of them, politely asking if they're in communication with the other through some other medium (i.e., discord, IRC, etcetera). If they are, politely inform them that "metacomming" (explaining what this means) is against the rules for baystation. Provided they're polite and understanding, that's it! Write a small note on how they were informed it was against the rules and complied, then dust off your hands, keeping one eye on them now and again to be safe.
    If one admits, but the other doesn't, the one who denied it would get a more stern warning and I'd likely get an admin involved.
    If BOTH deny it, despite evidence pointing to metacomms, I'd get an admin involved immediately, along with the results of my investigation and my thoughts.

Superiordorene/(Alex Burnette) is complaining about BIGMAMMOTH/(Jessica Olivers)'s character being "unprofessional" in adminhelps. Upon looking at the situation, you find that the actions of BIGMAMMOTH do not violate any server rules, though Superiordorene is clearly upset.

First and foremost, acknowledge Superiordorene's feelings! Make them understand we, the staff, hear them. Inform them that BIGMAMMOTH isn't breaking any rules, but give them pointers for how unprofessional behavior could be handled in round.
    If MAMMOTH is CLOSE to breaking rules, or treading the line of reasonable behavior for someone on the Torch, I'd likely keep some tabs on them as the round progresses. Otherwise, that's that!

A ticket is opened by colorful_berry67/(Simon Paulson) to complain about something that happened between themself, StraightGertude15/(Eli Mathers), and EnergeticPlastic/(Vlad Petrovic) on the bridge. While the issue appears legitimate. There are a number of discrepancies in the stories between colorful_berry67 and StraightGertude15, with the story provided by EnergeticPlastic not relating at all to those of the other two.

If EnergeticPlastic's story is completely unrelated, I'd first do my best to try to make it clearer what I was referring to. If there's still no luck with their story, shove it to the side for now.

Now, it's time for digging. We've two seperate stories here, potentially three if Plastic provided a third perspective. We're looking for evidence that supports one or both of the stories - after all, there's nothing saying one of the two stories is entirely correct. Notes are also important to check; this could very well be a repeat offense, if an offense actually occurred at all.
    If I can gather enough information to make what transpired clearer, I'd take the actions appropriate to the situation, ranging from warnings to one or both parties or getting admins involved for a more severe punishment if player conduct and the situation require it.
    If, for the life of me, I can't come up with a clear picture of what happened, it's time to get help from other staff.

2. Carnation Garneys

Carnation Garneys Bartender

As someone who knows Juxtaposed, I'd like to personally endorse them. They're selling themselves short- they've made TONS of contributions to Bay, both in code and in presence. From talking with them over the past month or so, I trust their judgement as a mod.

3. Spookerton

Spookerton Public Kōhai №1 Director of Administration Head Administrator Game Administrator IPC Species Maintainer Donator

Hi there. Sorry. I have to defer applications a couple of weeks due to unavoidable coverage problems. I'll be leaving this open but locked. If that's a problem, ping me.

4. Eckles

Eckles Senior Administrator Game Administrator Skrell Species Maintainer

Hello, are you interested in continuing with trialmod at this time?

5. Kozak411

Kozak411 Forbidden Moderator Game Moderator

Absolutely, if you'd have me.

6. Eckles

Eckles Senior Administrator Game Administrator Skrell Species Maintainer

Jolly good. You are now trialmod.
    Trial begins at 00:00 GMT 0 22/01/21, runs for two weeks.

Kozak411 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.