Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kozak411 - Vox

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Kozak411, Nov 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kozak411

Kozak411 Assistant

About You

What is your Byond key?
    Kozak411

How long have you been playing on Baystation 12?
    I've been playing on Baystation 12 close to a year and a half now, give or take a week.

What are the names of your better-known characters?
    Probably Ingvar Bjornsson, Leah Juxtapose and Jim Smythe.

About The Species

What alien species are you applying for?
    The Vox.

Why do you want to play as the alien species?
    Well, that's a good question. They're a pretty interesting concept. Bioengineered reptile bird things with biological technology, that implant their memories and personalities in husks created to be durable as heck. Pretty appealing to me, I guess.

What are some example names for the alien species?
    Riiakshrikaw (The Clawed Fist of Arkship Silent Moon)
    Skrahkiika (The Raging Spawn of Arkship Blistering Wind)

Summarize what you know about the species.
    The Vox are a dying race of sorts whose nature is mostly unknown to all other species. They're governed by the biological computers known as the apex, which the vox revere, and see anything that isn't a vox as, at most, a threat, and at least, a meat. They're greedy to preserve themselves and their 'Arkships', giant ships that carry the majority of the Vox population and house the apex at their core. Their tech is generally biological in nature and may include scraps and stolen bits from other races. They have no qualms about stealing resources and people to serve their own ends and the ends of the shoal, as the vox as a whole may be referred to.

2. Kozak411

Kozak411 Assistant

Hindsight is 20/20, they say. Since posting this I've read some other people's applications for various species, and reading their summaries makes me feel inadequate. Editing it feels disingenuous though, like lying on a job application. Oh well. If you reject it, no sweat, I'll wait a month or so and think about giving it another shot. If you want me to elaborate, well, I guess just ask.

3. Eonoc

Eonoc Vox Species Maintainer Deputy Serpentid Maintainer

Seen. Will be fully read and processed in either a few hours, or tomorrow morning.

4. Eonoc

Looks fine to me, even if the tone comes off as a bit lax and uncaring. As per our brief discussion on Discord, however, it did show you cared enough to reach out for me for clarification. I am just gonna have to needle you for a bit more though, in the form of this:

As a Vox Merchant, you are trying to sell a space suit worth 1000 thalers. You have two humans interested in buying. What is your sales pitch, and how much do you ask for?Follow up, one of them offers to trade you a solar panel box for it, being worth maybe 500. Do you take that deal?

5. Kozak411

Kozak411 Assistant

I'm assuming I've already greeted and shown them the suit, so I reckon I'd pitch it like this:
    "Suit is very high quality, meat! Keep body from popping like fleshy balloon thing, and if meat buy air tank too can breathe filthy monkey air instead of die! Nice hard armor keep you protected, yes? Nasty fish and radiation bounce off and you stay safe inside! And color is useful in attracting human mate, bright red like meat inside to show true self! Only 1500 thaler for suit, 1750 if want buy with empty tank too! Meat pay extra for air, is valuable commodity!"

As for the solar panel box, assuming the panels are still inside, I'd absolutely take the deal. The face value may be lower, but I would find it much easier to extort a colony or ship in desperate need of a source of energy than a suffocating human. Depending on the situation you might even be able to charge 2000 or more thaler for it, if you're crafty and good at making a deal. Besides, even if you can't find a buyer, some stolen ships could always use some more power.

6. Eonoc

100% correct, excellent response. Approved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.