Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lavillastrangiato - Vox

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by lavillastrangiato, Mar 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lavillastrangiato

lavillastrangiato Bartender

About You

What is your Byond key?
    Lavillastrangiato

What is your Discord?
    superwhitey#9723

How long have you been playing on Baystation 12?
    At least since November

What are the names of your better-known characters?
    Rei Patel, Laboratory Technician
    Karera Lockhart-Mitsubishi, Research Assistant
    Rose Lockhart, Explorer

About The Species

What alien species are you applying for?
    The Vox.

Why do you want to play as the alien species?
    The Vox seem to get a bad rap OOCly around Bay, largely because their nature means some of their players think they can play them as space orcs/'lol shitbird' fanon. However, I found myself intrigued by Vox lore and the opportunity to get into the mindset of a species that literally cannot comprehend other species being alive, or having life that is valuable. When so many 'always chaotic evil' species tend to be space orcs, I'm far more intrigued by a species of space kobolds.

What are some example names for the alien species?
    Vox-pidgin is a language largely consisting of shrieks and screeches. As such, Vox names tend to be sharp-sounding, full of clicks and vowels, and reference the history of an individual Vox in Vox-pidgin while sounding strange to non-Vox ears. For example:

Arakrakiki
    Takyirikia
    Chrakiriakyi

Summarize what you know about the species.
    Bioengineered by a race of long-gone precursors, the species known as the Vox are widely despised throughout the galaxy for their cowardly, thieving ways. While not killers by default, Vox have little empathy for the welfare of other species, and will steal, lie, and cheat 'meat' as they see fit. Due to their unique biomechanical structure, Vox do not actually regard other species as 'alive', and believe robbing them for all they're worth is fine simply because they don't experience existence the way the Vox do.

For the most part, Vox are scavengers preferring easy targets for raiding. They rarely cooperate with other species and are notoriously seceretive regarding their kind, to the point they seem physically incapable of revealing anything. Many Vox away ships are scavenged and repurposed from the technologies of other species, and as such Vox technology is paradoxically highly advanced and highly stagnant.

In general, Vox are reptilian bipeds with three-sectioned beaks that 'breathe' nitrogen. Their digestive system is incredibly strong, able to purify ores, and they eat, excrete, breathe, and speak through a single orifice on their face. Every Vox has a series of markings on their neck that indicate their genetic code, history, and arkship of origin. Depending on the age of the Vox, these can be simple or highly complex. There are two strains of Vox; the 'common' labourer class of the Primalis, and the Armalis, which are larger, stronger Vox often in leadership positions due to their success at fights for dominance.

The most well-kept and secretive discipline of the Vox is that of the cortical stack. Acting as a second brain that stores memories and personality, a Vox can be effectively revived from the dead if their cortical stack is removed and placed into a new body. Vox are extremely intent on recovering the bodies of their kin for this reason; the dying race of the Vox can afford no further losses to its numbers.

Character Example
    Mrikkikira
    is a (relatively) young Vox who has spent their many lives studying the technology of organics and repurposing them to suit Vox needs. Despite their aptitude with weapons being... questionable, they were sent by the Apex on a scouting vessel for nebulous purposes, and struggle to adapt to their new, far more dangerous environment.

2. Myphicbowser

Myphicbowser Deputy Vox Maintainer

Mostly yeah all right, this is pretty good

Just a few questions since you got a pretty good Character to in a sense

1) You are on a human ship, you got there by crashing into it and have no way to get out of it, the Ships security team finds you and has multiple guns on you, you are alone, what do you do?

2) You are on a salvaging mission with three other Vox, you find yourself running through a massive crashed ship when suddenly a human shows up and starts firing with no questions, one of the other scavengers is dead and the other two are injured, you are in a position to grab your dead team mate without being fired on, what do you do?

3) You are the leader of a salvaging mission, on the sensors you see a derelict ascent ship, no sensors or lights are on, what do you do?

3. lavillastrangiato

lavillastrangiato Bartender

1. Surrender. I'm outmanned and outgunned - it's best to play to the meat's whims and be cooperative to avoid getting shot. I am the picture of prisoner cooperation, even if I don't really mean it. With luck, they'll relax their guard and I'll be given an opportunity to steal what I can and flee on one of their escape pods.

2. The rest would depend on other factors, but I would grab my dead kin and run! Presumably the meat is well-armed and skilled to have already injured the rest of my kin, so we must regroup and flee. If we get the opportunity (and assuming none of its kind are on board with it), we might kill the meat - too dangerous to be left alive, and this salvage belongs to the Vox. *shriek

3. Tentatively approach, with great caution. The rock bugs are dangerous, deadly to anything that isn't coated with their slime, but if the ship is abandoned, it will be re-purposed for Vox needs.

4. Myphicbowser

Myphicbowser Deputy Vox Maintainer

Fantastic answers, but I don't think Ascent are Slime-y, besides that you are a Model Vox, so I am gonna slap this with an

ACCEPTED

lavillastrangiato likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.