Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let’s do a Tabletop

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by ThatOneGuy, Sep 9, 2018.

1. ThatOneGuy

ThatOneGuy Unathi Species Maintainer

Ive gotten scheduling worked out and found enough confidence and drive in myself again to really commit to a tabletop again, the last one I tried (Continuum) fizzled out due to other stuff but I got it going IRL and oh boy was that a glorious mess but now I wanna run something else but can’t decide so I’m just gonna throw This up with the different options I currently have prepared and see what interested players would be interested.

If this happens it’d have to be on Tuesdays Thursdays Saturdays or Sundays.

Current running ideas:
    Numenera
    Pathfinder
    Deadlands
    Hollow Earth Expedition(the most cursed tabletop in the world)

Idk how else to do this but yeah

2. Banditoz

Banditoz Sol Gov Pilot

Voice or text?

3. ThatOneGuy

It doesn’t really matter to me, there’s great things that can come from both but if people don’t have mics or anything like that I’d prefer to do text so that they can play.

4. Mulisa II

Mulisa II Petty Officer First Class

Well, I do have a soft spot for HEX, it being my introduction to TTRPGs. Both Deadlands and Pathfinder could be nice too. Not familiar with Numenera tho.

5. Monimus

Monimus Assistant

I'd be down for any of these, but Hollow Earth Expedition is a tabletop that I've always wanted to play - and never gotten around to doing, so I'd be double-down for that.

Voice or text is fine by me!

6. ProfessorPainus

ProfessorPainus Senior Enlisted Advisor

You already know my thoughts from discord.

HEX is beyond cursed. Numenera is interesting and PF is always a classic. I know nothing about deadlands.

7. Meyar

Meyar Retired Worstmin 2015-2017

Good luck :D

Noble Caos, Manored and ThatOneGuy like this.
  8. ThatOneGuy

Be extremely wary about choosing HEX because tho I love it dear god is it cursed

ProfessorPainus and Manored like this.
  9. Manored

Manored Executive Officer

ToG is gonna do a tabletop again, mandatory watch out for monkeys warning he can never escape from.

10. ThatOneGuy

Ight so it’s down to just Numenera and HEX unless anybody DOESNT want to play one of those at all I’ll ask NT later which one and we’ll go with that.

Sunday’s will most likely be the day of play

ProfessorPainus likes this.
  11. Noble Caos

Noble Caos The Lorax Diona Species Maintainer

HEX is a cursed game. One session is the limit. :p

But good luck

ThatOneGuy and Manored like this.
  12. ThatOneGuy

Hey last time we got through like 3 sessions or so, people were just no longer able to get together at all for sessions due to schedules. The first game was able to get through EIGHT so we can do it it just depends on if I can cheat death.

Of course not having to worry about dying would be great

Manored likes this.
  13. I wanna play cause I love to play

ThatOneGuy likes this.
  14. ThatOneGuy

We’re playing Numenera so no curses luckily. 52CAE510-8442-4E6A-BB8B-844E6EFE0575.png

15. ThatOneGuy

http://www.kogakoalition.org/toybox/uploads/Numenera Corebook.pdf

Here’s a copy of the Corebook, there’s tons of others I’m perfectly fine if you use them to create your characters I will certainly be pulling stuff from them but you’re by no means required to read them, just this one OR the Players Guide but this one I like more.

Games will be on Sundays.

We’ll do a character building session after everyone’s had some time to sink into the book a little

Player Guide if you prefer that: https://rpg.rem.uz/Cypher System/Setting - Numenera/Numenera Players Guide.pdf

16. Manored

Manored Executive Officer

Oh right, I forgot the other tradition of questioning ToG's ability to survive long enough to finish the campaign.

ThatOneGuy likes this.
  17. ThatOneGuy

First session synopsis:
    The party so far:

Maysaiah(Painus): a mad nanom from another dimension who ended up on the ninth world somehow. She is boneless.
    Rohan(techhead): a strong glaive who fights with panache, he’s a strongman of the circus.
    Trija(Mulisa): an artificially intelligent nano who talks to machines, she was once normal but was turned into a robot and now makes sure the stage and tech for the show works well.
    Providence: an artificially intelligent glaive who focuses mind over matter, also a robot but he hides this fact, quite a strongman as well with a penchant for small feats of magic for the show.

The party are members of Ossams Soaring Circus, a traveling event that at the start of the session has found themselves at Aian, in the province of Milave, which finds itself on the brink of war between rival factions, details that to the party aren’t that important right now. The show is supposed to be performed that evening but one of the main attractions, the Flying Twins, have disappeared from the camp. The party, for some extra pay, goes searching for them, learning that they’ve decided to join up with the Warlord Tarveshs army, and that there is some plan. They visit the shop that these two apparently went to and find a strange set of doors that lead to: a tunnel, a war camp, a nobles bedroom soaked in blood, and a warehouse full of weapons of war. An old man comes in, most likely the shop owner, and wonders if the party is working for Tarvesh too. Soon the twins also show up and the party tries to convince them to come back to the show for their last night before partaking in whatever war is about to unfold. They decide to begrudgingly come back but not before talking to their superiors.
    The session leaves off with the performance getting ready to begin, which is where the party will find themselves next weekend.

18. Plusinfinity

Plusinfinity Sol Gov Pilot

I might be interested depending on what time you run?

19. ThatOneGuy

If anyone’s interested there’s spots available in this game of Numenera still