Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lezy - IPC

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Lezy, Mar 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lezy

Lezy Bartender

About You

What is your Byond key?

Lezy

What is your Discord username?

Lezy#9403

How long have you been playing on Baystation 12?

I've been playing space station 13 for, at least, four months; though I can't recall exactly when did I start. I've played pretty much exclusively in Baystation 12 since I first began.

What are the names of your better-known characters?

Pharos; Prip Yahontov; Akivanka Fukumazov.

About The Species

What alien species are you applying for?

Integrated Positronic Chassis (IPC)

Why do you want to play as the alien species?

The circumstances that can arise from their history and/or their nature are really quite interesting to me, and something I'd like to explore more deeply. As well, free-thinking, well written artificial intelligence characters like Data in Star Trek or extreme logicists like the Master in fallout are some of the greatest interests I have.

What are some example names for the alien species?

Jack Miller
    Bone
    Rii
    Bea-194

Summarize what you know about the species.

IPC's are one of the most common chassis-mounted itinerations of positronic brains. Anthropomorfic in shape, their bodies, as per their controversial origins as work-force for the most dangerous, unethical positions long the SCG, are more durable than humans. Their positronic minds usually reach the better side of average intellect, in comparison to humans. They were deviced, following with time, in three main varieties: The first generation, functional physiology but less than appropiate mental activity, purporting as well a very limited concept of self; The second generation, most common, intellect reaching the already mentioned standard and with an ability for self conscience that gave birth to the Positronic Union in seeking of their freedom; The third generation, more abundant than the first but less so than the second, sharing almost all qualities with the previous generation, except for the integration of a computer module that is able to supress thoughts in the logic of the IPC's by a set of laws, essentially rendering all of them subservient beyond their want.

Character concept.

Bone is a third generation IPC, manufactured once the ripples of discussion surrounding the IPC's place in warfare in the Gaia conflict had begun fading. The first batch of prototypes had already been shown to potential customers some 15 years back, backlash regarding that setting a number of these at great unease. One, however, had the missfortune of being the manager for Kane Dharm, one of the most afamed masters of the bluegrass voice and twang this side of the Milky Way; and last remnants, by now. Matters were, business wasn't booming, and now that IPC's had began to settle in the common consciousness as that pleasant, exotic, underdog citizen trying to make a life for themselves, there came the time to rethink, take their chances and aim for those lone stars! Bone's manufacture was arranged, to serve as a lead banjo guitarrist to Dharm's singing; however, by Dharm's request, its binding laws were to follow some added "suppressions", as the man had understood them: Bone could NOT speak or sing whenever Dharm was singing; Bone could NOT think of himself as greater than Dharm; Bone could NOT think to leave Dharm's side in performing except when established otherwise by Dharm. Bone would be trained to act with a hispanic, exotic charm to the public (requisition of Dharm, after being read some books on traditional earth music before an interview). Sure to call attention, serving excellently to the stage, as well: Excellent capacity for solo's, virtually unlimited stamina; being only some of the number of possibilities. Enough time has passed for the trick to have run as good a boom as they could get. After some long time en tour, Dharma has decided to let the public breathe and move suspicions away from Bone's slavery by allowing Bone to board the SEV Torch on his own away tour, with just about enough publicity for the PR stunt to be felt, but not bring in much attention to Bone itself.
    When playing him, I'd like to try out putting most of the weight of it on conveying personality with emotes and short phrases, or words. He'd sport a red poncho, some classic jeans, a cowboy hat from the informal hat selection and high tops brown boots. He'd be listed as a civilian entertainer under the Torch manifest.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  2. Lezy

Lezy Bartender

I think it's sound to BUMP it; unless I'm wrong, I think 48 hours have passed. My apologies in advance if I shouldn't have.

3. Spookerton

Spookerton Head Administrator Director of Administration Head Administrator Game Administrator IPC Species Maintainer Donator

Meowdy. Sorry I took a couple of days to get to this.

I'm happy to let you run with this. Thanks for using the new material. o7

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.