Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loaf's feature polling.

Discussion in 'Coding' started by Loaf, Jan 15, 2019.

?

What feature to work on? (Jan-Feb)

1. Finish mech rewrite.

46.9%
  2. Borer rewrite/rework.

7.8%
  3. Reimplement corpsec as CL bodyguard/enforcer.

7.8%
  4. Fix bugs!

7.8%
  5. Finish Kharmaani (https://github.com/Baystation12/Baystation12/pull/23147)

28.1%
  6. Asteroid grabber for shipside mining.

32.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Loaf

Loaf THE SIGNAL THE SIGNAL THE SIGNAL Ascent Species Maintainer Deputy Vox Maintainer

Hi.

Basically wanted to do monthly feature polls on Patreon, but Patreon polls suck and make it infeasible - also a lot of people don't have Patreon accounts. So, I asked the devs Chinsky if I could do it here instead and he made a shrug emoji that I am interpreting as permission.

I will run a poll from the 1st to the 10th of each month (from now till the 20th this month, since it started late) and add the features people request in this thread to it. The feature that wins the poll each time will be what I work on as a priority for the remainder of that month. Pretty straightforward.

If you don't see an option you like, feel free to suggest one.

I do reserve the right to veto requests that are infeasible or poorly considered for whatever reason. I'll try not to since it isn't in the spirit of the idea, but it might come up. I think it this whole exercise could be a fun and valuable thing to do.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  2. Loaf

Loaf THE SIGNAL THE SIGNAL THE SIGNAL Ascent Species Maintainer Deputy Vox Maintainer

The poll host is apparently dogshit and doesn't even set a cookie, so be nice and don't spam votes please.
    Also, if you leave your suggestion vague, like the 'borer revamp' one, I'm going to play fast and loose with it if it comes up.

3. Chinsky

Chinsky Indentured Coder Developer

Finish damn mechs PR ree

4. Loaf

Xales turned polls on so go ahead and vote again.

5. Eckles

Eckles Cake Seller Senior Administrator Game Administrator Skrell Species Maintainer

Kharmaani pls.

*begs*

6. nodcommando

nodcommando Bartender

7. Chinsky

Chinsky Indentured Coder Developer

Asteroid fucking grabber

8. EmGee

EmGee (rarely plays) Game Moderator

If I can add to "Reimplement corpsec as CL bodyguard/enforcer" I would like to add that I would like to see CL refluffed as a whole as a foreign diplomat. As in Skrell, or Unathi.

9. nodcommando

nodcommando Bartender

-1, passengers can take that role

10. Loaf

Reworking CL to be a diplomat is both out of nowhere and very unlikely to make it through getting approved, sorry.

11. Loaf

Removed corpsec replacement as I went ahead and implemented it regardless.
    EDIT: Turns out I can't remove poll options without deleting the entire poll.

12. Loaf

Looks like priorities for the next 11 days will be mechs, then spider egg asteroid grabber, then Kharmaani.

13. Loaf

End of month status report:
    - LPA got in, more or less. This did not take long and other people are finishing the implementation but it's on the vote so I thought I would mention it.
    - Ass grabber ran into some mapping issues but I am intending on getting a functional machine setup into the game and someone who actually plays Bay can feel free to do the mapping part (or build it in-round).
    - Mechs are functional. They're missing equipment, but construction, piloting, interaction and combat are working. Will continue working on these up to the 10th of Feb, then do another vote.

14. Loaf

Time for suggestions before the 10th is now.

15. Loaf

I apparently can't modify or delete the poll.

Ok then XenForo.

16. Roland410

Roland410 Petty Officer First Class

Could probably use strawpoll or something then.

17. Loaf

Three days left to nominate things for this month.

18. Eckles

Eckles Cake Seller Senior Administrator Game Administrator Skrell Species Maintainer

I nominate more Kharmaani.

Imienny likes this.
  19. Loaf

I'm going to get through those anyway.

Imienny and Eckles like this.
  20. Eingamer

Eingamer Chef

Borers, if it needs to be re-nominated from last month.