Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lordania being less dense than water

Discussion in 'Lore & Wiki' started by Nyvrem, Jul 19, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nyvrem

Nyvrem Sol Gov Pilot

I don't mind the Lordania lore and I like the characters you can extract from it. There is one sentence however that really jumped out at me while I read the page, the one about its planetary traits:

"Despite it's population density, Lordania is actually one of the smallest colonised planets in Sol, coming to 0.16 the mass of Earth. It has a total circumference of 36845km2, making it slightly smaller than the Sol planet Venus."

Now, while planetary circumference is not something often talked about (surface area and radius are way more commonly written down) that number actually lines up, as the circumference of Venus is 38024 km. That said, these sentences together have a very weird implication, as they state that this planet with a mass of 0.16 earths has a circumference of 0.92 earths. This would mean it has a planetary density of about 0.883 g/cm3 (if someone really wants me to, I can write out the math.) For contrast, Earth has a density of 5.514 g/cm3 and Venus of 5.243 g/cm3. Water has a density of 1 g/cm3 and some of the moons and dwarf-planets in the solar system get close to a density of 1 g/cm3 as they are made up primarily of ice. Pluto is a good example of this with a density of only 1.854 g/cm3. The thought that Lordania might be less dense than water is pretty crazy. The only planet in the solar system with a density below that of water is Saturn, with a density of 0.62 g/cm3 and that is a gas planet. Because of this I think the planetary traits of Lordania should be re-examined.

2. Nyvrem

Nyvrem Sol Gov Pilot

Update: The paragraph has been removed. This thread no longer serves any purpose.

3. Deadmon_Wonderland

Deadmon_Wonderland Sol Gov Pilot

rowtree fixed it yeah, thanks for letting us know

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.