Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Low-Pop Staff Required

Discussion in 'Public Staff Forum' started by masterrbc, Apr 20, 2018.

1. masterrbc

masterrbc That Aussie Donator

This isn't anything new and has been going on for a while now. I've brought this issue up multiple times this year and nothing is specifically being done to address the problem, hence this thread.

We require staff from the times of 3:00pm (GMT+10/AEST) to 11:00pm (GMT+10/AEST).

The times outline above are the low-pop times, when there are very few moderators online and barely any, usually one or two, admins online. This needs to be given sufficient time and energy to remedy and while I understand it's not an instant fix, it needs to be looked at regardless.

This week, I announced I would be taking time off from the server, which has basically equated to I'm no longer responding to emergency stuff going on and if I glance at my phone and I have the time to spare, I might get on and handle things. While I should probably ignore it, cause I said I'm going on leave, if I have a bit of time to spare here and there and will not just let things go to crap on the server.

Onto the problem.
    ----------------------------------------
    What is it?:

There are not enough staff in the low-pop times, leaving players on the server open to anything that happens and unable to be assisted by a staff member.

How to solve the issue:
    Recruitment of staff members who are able to cover parts of the timezone, it does not matter if they are able to do a round or the whole period, so long as we have more coverage.

----------------------------------------

There needs to be a recruitment aimed at eliminating this issue and I'm tired of bringing up the issue in staff chat for it to be washed away in the sea of chatter it sometimes becomes. This IS and issue and it needs to be solved.

2. Spookerton

Spookerton Public Kohai № 1 Staff Manager Manager Senior Administrator Community Moderator Donator

We've specifically asked for applicants in that time bracket for the last two moderator induction rounds, and three of the five accepted applicants cover most or all of that range, and a fourth covers it partially. I'm not sure what else we can do to satisfy a perceived need for more always-active staff in a population group that usually runs 0~5 living players for many hours at a time besides making timezone-based concessions against our already low entry bar for junior staff - something I'm not particularly willing to do.

ТhatOneGuy likes this.
  3. Virgil

Virgil Head Administrator Game Administrator Community Moderator

If something bad happens and no staff's around, we have the complaints forum for this precise reason. There's only so much that can be done in regards to recruiting staff and keeping them active.