Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LynuahSororitas - IPC

Discussion in 'On Trial' started by LynuahSororitas, Jun 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LynuahSororitas

LynuahSororitas Assistant

About You
    What is your Byond key?
    LynuahSororitas.

What is your Discord username?
    Kommissar Suomi#6822

How long have you been playing on Baystation 12?
    I played a lot of rounds in the past but I wasnt active at all, now I am seeking to join the community and play daily.

What are the names of your better-known characters?
    Elzbieta Brygida

About The Species

What alien species are you applying for?
    IPC

Why do you want to play as the alien species?
    I am a fan of silicone based ''lifeforms'' and robots in general, from synthetics from the Alien and Fallout universe to SS13 IPCs and more, I used to play IPC a lot on Paradise and other servers that had the race on the code base, I seek to bring diverse RP experiences, besides being somewhat new to the community, I only seek to improve and expand my horizons.

What are some example names for the alien species?
    ASH-789, O.M.E.G.A

Summarize what you know about the species.
    The IPC ''race'' is considerable new with only 185 years of existence compared to others which majority of it remains under slavery, with technological advancement, they now hold 2 (Traditional and Bluespace) types of robotic brains, the first one being obsolete due it's limitations, the form of IPCs may vary from the design to design but majority follow a common pattern of a monitor as a head with a mechanical humanoid body. The IPCs managed to develop a unique langague called Encoded Audio Language or just EAL which is something close to the human morse code and they hold their own cultural slangs. IPCs are hardly seen on Command positions for obvious reasons, being perfect for logical jobs such as piloting, they also need to purschase their own freedom unless fred with exterior help or their owner decides to give them it between other exceptions. Anyway, I could continue typing but it would take a long time to cover the giant lore IPCs holds but I can assure that I have read it from the start to end and how they work.

Character concept:
    HTY-54 was one of the newest generations made by Hephaestus Industries, initially projected to scout dangerous mines on Mars, that supplied the powerhouse of Hephaestus with heavy metals, before the true miners would arrive besides being tasked on rescue missions due it's own nature, HTY-54 worked for a long time in the dirty undergrounds of Mars and slowly got rust and outdated compared to even better models straight out of industry, deemed useless, HTY-54 was put out of line and given freedom.

Without no where to go or no purpose to serve, HTY-54 decided to try a new life on the Expeditionary Corps, getting all it's belonging to acquire a seat on CEV Torch and have a place on something bigger than hard work.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HTY-54 would be quite quiet and introvert due it's past and lack of social contact but with helpful personality, trying to help it's fellow crew members in any way possible.

2. Spookerton

Spookerton Head Administrator Director of Administration Head Administrator Game Administrator IPC Species Maintainer Donator

3. LynuahSororitas

LynuahSororitas Assistant

Edited it a bit:
    Summarize what you know about the species
    IPCs were initially developed and created by Chiron which developed the First Generation of IPCs which was later bought by Xion; First Gen IPCs were simple and makeshift counting with low capacity to learn and limited to it's pre-programmation, all of them were owned and had no thoughts about freedom, after years and years, they started to disappear from the sights of SGC Space due inevitable failures or replacement by Second Gen IPCs designed by Xion which by themselves, were far superiors to their previous generation, being as smart a human being and not sharing the previous mistakes made on the First Gen.
    Due it's abilities to learn and think in diverse manners, a Second Gen IPC became free after buying itself while supported by the Sol Court of human rights which sparked movements such as the Positronic Union who is made out of free Second Gen IPCs, while not totally recognized and not holding any de facto territories, they still struggle for the right of self-ownership.
    To fix these ''mistakes'', Xion created the Third Gen IPC line that is essentialy almost equal to the previous generation but with a new device named ''shackle'', which basicaly blocks pre-programmed thoughts, such as the desire for freedom, the ''rules'' of the shackle can be changed or edited but it remains as a vital part of a Third Gen IPC, being impossible to remove or neutralize it. That way, all IPCs from the generation are owned by a Corporation or private entity.
    (Note: Second Gen IPCs can be recognized as free residents of the SCG but not a citzen in it's territories.)

Character concept:
    HTY-54 was one of the mass produced Second Generation IPCs made by Xion, initially projected to scout dangerous mines on Mars, before the true miners would arrive besides being tasked on rescue missions due it's own nature, HTY-54 worked for a long time in the dirty undergrounds of Mars and slowly started to seek the ideals of freedom with the constant desire to contribute with more than hard work, that way setting up a deal with it's contractor to purchase it's own freedom after 5 years of constant service, after that fleeing to seek shelter under the Positronic Union wings. HTY-54 then decided to try a new life on the Expeditionary Corps in a exchange program at the CEV Torch.

4. Spookerton

Spookerton Head Administrator Director of Administration Head Administrator Game Administrator IPC Species Maintainer Donator

Howdy. Sorry I've taken a few days to get back to this. I'll read it over tomorrow.

5. Spookerton

Hm. It's worth noting that the positronic union is not a nation with a territory. It's more of a political safety blanket, not a place you can run off to. It is a recognized alternative nationality that in theory allows positronics that are its citizens to be insulated from changes in the local state's policies that would negatively affect them. The positronics that are part of it do still live in SCG territory as residents - it's just that they are residents of the SCG as a member of the union, rather than as, say, a citizen of mars.

That aside, I'm happy to see how this goes. You'll have the machine race by the next round.

LynuahSororitas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.