Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maladapted - IPC

Discussion in 'Alien Species' started by Maladapted, Jul 14, 2019 at 1:20 AM.

1. Maladapted

Maladapted Assistant

About You

What is your Byond key?
    Maladapted

How long have you been playing on Baystation 12?
    On and off since 2014-2015, but only a couple of weeks now that it uses the Torch map.

What are the names of your better-known characters?
    Here? Burt Dukas. Maggie Miller was my main back in the day here, and also on other games like TG and Apollo.

About The Species

What alien species are you applying for?
    IPC

Why do you want to play as the alien species?
    I dig the idea of IPCs as these fragile, non-bound silicon entities that still want to participate in civilization instead of stand apart the way bound synthetics tend to. There's a really cool tension because there is this whole distrust between organics and synthetics, but also this push to be more accepted in the face of it.

What are some example names for the alien species?
    Daniel-7, HT-354, O.M.N.I.
    There are a lot of variations, but they tend to incorporate numbers or acronyms.
    It should sound computery, but for RP purposes it really ought to be pronouncable (Like R2-D2 being Artoo).
    People would have a hard time addressing something that was just numbers, unless they picked one.

Summarize what you know about the species.
    I understand the lore is a little different for IPCs here, but generally speaking IPCs have positronic brains and are not bound by laws, the way an AI or Drone is. They are bipedal, steel based, and they take only brute and burn damage, though they take more of it than a human would. Their brains are powered by bluespace, so it is self organizing and evolving, meaning they actually do evolve and think and adapt over time.

They tend not to seek positions of authority or violence, but they are very dedicated and proficient at scientific and technical tasks. They can be very helpful in vacuum or toxic environments, for example. An engineering or piloting role would work perfectly for them.

Concept.
    Lorentz has many of the same questions we all have, things like where did we come from and what is the meaning of life? A human might pursue this interest with religion or medicine or history. An IPC like Lorentz chose to pursue astrogation and engineering. Anything that can inhance its understanding of the bluespace technology that powers its mind is a source of endless fascination for it. It is a rare sight to see an IPC aboard an EC vessel, especially one part of an exchange from the Positronic Union, but it is a capable engineer with no designs on the Line. What more could the EC ask for?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019 at 12:42 AM