Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mall Cop 2.0 (Farson) - Custom Borg Icon

Discussion in 'Custom Items' started by Mall Cop 2.0, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Mall Cop 2.0

Mall Cop 2.0 Bartender

BYOND Key (Username): Dr. Farson
    Discord/IRC name: @4th Dimensional Cough#6299

Name of Item: Supplementary Holographic System
    Type path of the item receiving the sprite:
    Description:
    A hyper advanced, self-contained hologram. It is equipped with standard robot equipment for it's relevant job. Somewhat unsettling, Actually...
    A PNG image of your icon(s) hosted on a website such as imgur: (these Icons have different coloured patches for different occupation. See the .dmi for more sprites.)
    [​IMG]
    The DMI of your icon(s): https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/681584363036737660/725465039867347066/Bot_Farson.dmi
    I am the author of this icon/I have permission to use this icon: Yes

Name of Character: Supplemantary Holographic System (SHS)
    Main Job(s) of Character: Borg
    How this item relates to your character: The SHS is a brand new development by the SCG Expeditionary Corps, working with the top scientists in the galaxy. They have managed to create a self-contained holographic hard-light projection, that can be used for a variety of purposes. It is relatively weak, but it can recover quickly. Warning: Personality core is a bit underdeveloped. Expect attitude.

Other Notes: This is my first time doing this, so bear with me. I'm open to feedback. Let me know if there's anything I should change.

Slots used: (0/1/2) I honestly Don't know. Someone please help me.

2. Eckles

Eckles Senior Administrator Game Administrator Skrell Species Maintainer

I'm gonna say no to this one on the grounds that it's...Basically new tech and not simply a bot chassis but you're fundamentally saying you're something other than what it is.

Perhaps speak with devs about adding in hardlight holograms as distinct entities if that's something you're after, though.

3. Mall Cop 2.0

Mall Cop 2.0 Bartender

Perhaps a way around it would be by having a borg chassis, with a soft-light hologram around it. The borg chassis is what the mechanical parts are integrated in, but it projects a holographic image around it?

4. Eckles

You'd probably have to change it up to visually represent that, otherwise it'd just be the same thing for all intents and purposes.

5. Mall Cop 2.0

Mall Cop 2.0 Bartender

Unless of course it is humanoid in shape, in that, the chassis itself is humanoid. For example, the Needles borg. We could say the equipment comes out of slots in the hands.

In that case, however, I would like to add a gripper to the borg that can carry normal items.

6. Eckles

You should speak with dev to actually find an equitable solution that matches up with mechanics at this point.