Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mall Cop 2.0 - IPC

Discussion in 'Alien Species' started by Mall Cop 2.0, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Mall Cop 2.0

Mall Cop 2.0 Bartender

About You

What is your Byond key?
    Dr. Farson

What is your Discord username?
    @4th Dimensional Cough#6299

How long have you been playing on Baystation 12?
    I have played for approximately a year and a half, to two years.

What are the names of your better-known characters?
    Ainslie Glover, Alexander Farson

About The Species

What alien species are you applying for?
    IPC

Why do you want to play as the alien species?
    I want to play an IPC for the longest time, ever since I started on Aurora, I have admired the species as a whole. They remind me a lot like Vulcans, in their unwavering logic, and analytical perspective. I like robots, I always have. I find them fascinating, and the culture surrounding them even more so.

What are some example names for the alien species?
    CMD-01, Quezar-554, Mirza-25, P1-32

Summarize what you know about the species.
    I'm familiar with what is on the wiki. I know that IPC's have historically been a hotly controversial species, and have been subject to slavery, and AI locks for a long time. I know that they have been discriminated against, and have a wide culture within them. Of course, I also know about how they function, and that they are robots, which is the main reason why I am applying. They are a species of logicians and servants, and they are often extremely skilled. Most often, they have to pay their way out of servitude.

Character Concept
    The character I have been thinking of is a command IPC, who has been enlisted by its master into the Defense Fleet. The family that they belong to is a long-lasting, and powerful family in the SCGDF, and this IPC worked for them for around 5 years. But the old man who purchased him had an idea. They could either live with the family or serve in the Defense Forces. The idea was that the IPC could earn enough money to be able to eventually buy their freedom. And while they are not free yet, they are slowly ascending the ranks of the chain of command. this IPC would be called CMD-02 and would be an extremely rule-bound, logical, thinker. They would make sure all rules and regulations would be followed, while also ensuring the safety of the crew. Since this is a dangerous job, they would be outfitted with a heavy-duty body. They were able to pass OCS training and downloaded the necessary programs to succeed. They would have faced many adversities, one major one being discrimination, however, they don't really concern themselves with such issues, as it impedes their primary purpose.

2. Mall Cop 2.0

Mall Cop 2.0 Bartender

I've just discovered that IPC's cannot be line officers, but I hope that there is a way around this rule. Perhaps given my character's background it would be acceptable.

3. Spookerton

Spookerton Head Administrator Director of Administration Head Administrator Game Administrator IPC Species Maintainer Donator

Howdy. Sorry it's taken a couple of days to get to answering this.
    As I said in the DM you started with me, there is absolutely no way around the rule.
    I'd appreciate it if you could take a look at https://hackmd.io/@spkrtn/bay-positronics and update your knowledge and concept with what you understand from that.