Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denied Max Power - Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Walter E. Kurtz, Sep 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Walter E. Kurtz

Walter E. Kurtz Permanently Banned User

BYOND Key: Walter E. Kurtz
    Date and Time of Ban: 2019-09-10 18:07:41
    Character name at time of banning: Max Power
    Name of admin who banned you: ecklesfire
    Reason you were banned: Unfit for server, joined as sanit tech, got into small fight with person, decided to escalate fight by going into maint, getting a crowbar, and attempting to beat them to death. Evaded and fought with security. When asked for a reason for trying to kill someone was given"cuz she is naughty" amongst other things. Not really here to roleplay, moderately greytide. Ban until appeal..
    Duration of ban: This is a ban until appeal.
    Reason you should be unbanned:
    Hey guys, I'm really enjoying the server and having a lot of fun. I just started playing the game a few days ago, played on a couple of the low RP servers but I much prefer to continue playing on this one. I got a bit carried away early in one of the rounds and I assure there will not be any future occurrences. I'm certain a few can attest to my fair roleplaying and focus on gameplay duties and my otherwise neutrality in matters that do not involve me. Fun game, regardless I will be more mindful in future.
    Thanks for your consideration

2. Walter E. Kurtz

Come on, I want to play the game.
    Also, I will state, the individual in question attacked me first thing out of cyro, and has attacked me unprovoked on previous occasions.
    Rarely do I get banned from multiplayer games, and when I do I couldn't care less, but this I really want to play.
    I will make vast efforts to improve my roleplaying.

Regards

3. Eckles

Eckles Senior Administrator Game Administrator Skrell Species Maintainer

Your appeal is rather low effort and you don't seem to have taken the time to explain what you've done wrong. Let's start there and you can also run me through what rules you've broken.

4. Walter E. Kurtz

Okay, I believe I broke rule(s):
    • 6. Don't kill needlessly.
    ↪ 6.1. Avoid using lethal force when it's not necessary and try to resolve situations with as little violence as possible.
    I attacked a character without any prior attempts at roleplay or conversation, I should have initiated dialogue, perhaps something along the lines of "Hey, you there, stop and get down on the ground." Perhaps I should have informed security and told them there was a violent hooligan hovering around the operations deck. In future I will resort to violence only as a last resort.
    • 1. Play as your character.
    ↪ 1.1. This is a High Roleplaying enforced server. You are expected to act as your character would in-game, and try to perform actions that would be in their own best interests.
    • 2. Play a reasonable character.
    ↪ 2.1. Your character should be sane and mature within reason and should think and act as such.
    • 11. Do not play a character that is overly comfortable with killing.
    I was a sanitation technician, this character would unlikely attempt to attack someone with a crowbar. This is not a security role and one should not be attacking other crew members.
    Cheers

5. Eckles

Okay. Can you explain your attitude in ahelps when approached, and the responses you gave. You've done a bit of a 180 from then to this appeal.

6. Walter E. Kurtz

Yep, when I was talking to you I was simultaneously answering questions from several security members. I was a bit excited, also as I mentioned to you I have prior history with the character I was involved in the altercation with and that influenced my attitude at the time. In future when conversing with admins I will put all other actions on hold and focus all my attention on resolving matters.
    Thanks

7. Eckles

Well, this is fairly false because I was literally watching you walk around the corridor while I was pm'ing you for the most part. Not really sure why you're lying.

Let's go over our conversation, or what of it remains following the ahelp logs cutting out for some reason. We haven't discussed why you fought the officers. All in all I don't feel you're genuine about any of this. I feel like you weren't expecting a flat ban from it and are being disingenuous about the situation. I'm gonna deny your ban for now, you may re-appeal in two weeks with a greater effort, more honest appeal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.