Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Myphicbowser - Dionaea

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Myphicbowser, Feb 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myphicbowser

Myphicbowser Deputy Vox Maintainer

About You

What is your Byond key?
    Myphicbowser

How long have you been playing on Baystation 12?
    Since last year April, but I took a big ol' hiatus for college, but I've been active for about a month now.

What are the names of your better-known characters?
    Chase, Rekikiteri, Vidar Vlaustein

About The Species

What alien species are you applying for?
    Dionaea

Why do you want to play as the alien species?
    I hate this really good round with this Dionaea, Notes of Steel-Song, and it really made me appreciate the entire race more and also gave me a real interest in them

What are some example names for the alien species?
    Notes of Steel-Song
    Fire on the bulkhead
    Shimmering of Mountaintops
    {The names are usually a poetic retelling of moments that really defined that gestalt}

Summarize what you know about the species.
    The Dionaea are an interesting race, they form massive gestalts around stars and gas giants and just kind of exist to think. They aren't exactly the most active race that exists, but they are deeply curious and can be found just about anywhere in various forms, sometimes they are massive starships with the help of Skrellian tech and sometimes they form outer hulls of other ships or are a vital part of a ships habitation module. Their bodies are very versatile, which helps their curious nature, as they can do just about anything and fit into many ships, of course many gestalts take the form of a humanoid so that they can better interact and trade with them. Dionaea are highly curious and powerful beings, with their planet sized gestalts pondering many many questions at a time, albeit slowly of course since the bigger they form the slower they think, but they can process more information. The star sized gestalts also serve another function, they process gas and energy from stars and planets and convert them to more useful gas that they can use to trade and deal with other civilizations, giving them a good relationship with many empires. While they seem very social they actually don't feel or really understand the emotions of humans, the most unknown of these feelings are actually anger and hate, they don't understand why someone would injure another, as such they aren't exactly pacifistic, since they can be told to enact damage if the need arises and may actually attack if the situation needs it, but they don't see the value in harming another. Despite general positive relations with
    many space species, they Unathi and the GAS aren't exactly allies, with the Unathi not really needing their help in space and with the GAS not thinking of them as mindful in the slightest and not respecting them, treating them like Nymphs they can not eat at best.

2. purplemontart

purplemontart #1 Tree Dad Game Administrator Diona Species Maintainer

Can you give me a character concept?

3. Myphicbowser

Myphicbowser Deputy Vox Maintainer

Character Concept
    Dissipation of Lasers on the flesh is as dionaea as much as the next one, curious and interested in the sciences and the other races, Dissipation of Lasers on the flesh is a research assistant, mostly preferring to work with Xenobotany, they find a form of satisfaction by providing whatever help they can to the researchers, as it also helps incredibly with their own studies and research. They know that be enabling the research team everyone will advance and its own advancement will become easier as a result. While the research they help with is something many would keep under wraps or keep it a corporate secret, Dissipation doesn't understand why someone would keep this research a secret, if it can benefit one it should benefit all, and they would be willing to share this research unless told directly not to, if they were told not to they would defer to the authority of the handling researcher, but left alone with findings they are likely to give them to the crew if the findings are not dangerous.

4. purplemontart

purplemontart #1 Tree Dad Game Administrator Diona Species Maintainer

Cool, good catch on "if the findings are not dangerous".

This is
    ACCEPTED

Myphicbowser likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.