Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Myphicbowser - Skrell

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Myphicbowser, Jan 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myphicbowser

Myphicbowser Deputy Vox Maintainer

About You

What is your Byond key?
    Myphicbowser

How long have you been playing on Baystation 12?
    Maybe a little less then a year, I do not know when I first started

What are the names of your better-known characters?
    Marius Mrytle, Chase

About The Species

What alien species are you applying for?
    Skrell

Why do you want to play as the alien species?
    I enjoy the ideas behind them, an ancient stagnating race that is still active in the galactic politics

What are some example names for the alien species?
    The names are weird, kinda flow-y, like Uziqarionewmevreix, but that is REALLY hard to say, so it gets divided, like Uziq arion'ewmev, try to make it easy to say. Or they are named from other alien culture names, references or nonsense, so human names can be used.

Summarize what you know about the species.
    The species is highly stratified and stagnating, yet also incredibly active in galactic politics and in other species politics, they love interfering and hate being interfered with. They are expansionistic owing mostly to the fact that they tend to breed a lot, and that causes territory problems, despite the amount of breeding they don't tend to care for families as after breeding, which is known as the Bonding, one parent pays, essentially, child support and the other actually takes care of the children. While this society may seem focused entirely on territory, they have a long and varied history full of the arts and sciences and peace, with war being a relatively rare occurrence between the city-states on Qerr'Balak. Now as I mentioned before they are very stratified, with different castes for every walk of life, each caste being unique and important for the society. They tend to avoid conflict, except for some issues with the ascent, and also seem to have a kind approach to new races, even saving an unknown space station, which lead to first contact with humans. They have a monarch like leadership for each city state, and each city state is entirely independent and usually ruled by only one king, however some kings, called emperors, did rule more then one city state but is looked down on as too much territory makes it harder to control. Speaking of control from the last sentence, controlling economy is very hard in their society, as their money only lasts two years, which makes them much more liberal with their money, and seems to make them more giving, as if something isn't used it is wasted. They are a very interesting race and I hope my summary did them justice, I tried to hit the main points.

2. Eckles

Eckles Senior Administrator Game Administrator Skrell Species Maintainer

Hi there, checked it out, seems you haven't really played here much at all, I generally like people to try and stick around a bit first, get a feel for the server properly before diving into it.

As for your app: It's okay, I guess. Bit of a sort of word stew though, one thought right into the next. Generally I'm not looking for a wiki page summation though, or anything of that sort, what I want to see is understanding of the warble mindset.

So! Apply in 30 days, after getting some decent playtime in on the server, and resubmit. As something to consider I like see how you believe an individual skrell of a caste of your choice sees their place in society, how society views an individual, that sort of thing.

See you then!

Myphicbowser likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.