Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Niemcy - IPC

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Niemcy, Sep 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Niemcy

Niemcy Assistant

About You

What is your Byond key?
    Niemcy

What is your Discord username?
    Citizen Niemcy#6864

How long have you been playing on Baystation 12?
    I haven't actually been keeping track. A few months now, I think?

What are the names of your better-known characters?
    Sydney Smith, Kara-337, Aisling de Marquis, Samantha Warren

About The Species

What alien species are you applying for?
    Integrated Positronic Chassis (IPC)

Why do you want to play as the alien species?
    I really enjoy writing character designs for, and RPing as, synthetics. However, the gameplay limitations put upon Robots can be frustrating at times. I see IPC's as a way for me to continue playing as character concepts that I enjoy, while also being blessed with hands.

What are some example names for the alien species?
    IPC names vary widely dependent from unit to unit, ranging from numerical designations, to simple nicknames or mononyms. Should an individual gain it's freedom, I don't see a reason why they couldn't call themselves whatever they wanted, including full organic names should they wish.
    Examples: XG-526, FR3D, Swift, Eliza.

Summarize what you know about the species.
    IPC's are artificially intelligent machine constructs that are capable of original thought and are self aware. They are split into three different generations, all of which are very different from one another.
    First generation IPC's are simple machines, and are more comparable to drones and robots than the other generations. They are entirely task orientated and function off of internal programming, having only a very limited capacity for learning new things. Very few first generation IPC's exist today due to their unreliable hardware and tendency to break down. The ones that still function are owned, and are incapable of possessing any desire for freedom.
    Second generation IPC's are far more advanced than their Gen one cousins, possessing not only far more intelligence and creativity, but also a much more refined sense of self worth and awareness. Perhaps the most notable difference from the previous generation is that they cannot be programmed new information, and must learn how to accomplish new tasks from an outside source, as an organic would. Second generation IPC's are the most common variant found in the galaxy today, and are the only variant that can be truly free. They are capable of having an internal desire for freedom, and are not restricted from being free by their hardware like third generation IPC's are.
    Finally, third generation IPC's are the most recent variant, and are effectively identical to the second generation, with one major exception; All third generation IPC's are installed with a piece of hardware known as a "shackle". The shackle filters what thoughts they are capable of having, allowing their owners to enforce 'rules' upon them that limit their behaviors and actions. Should a positronic have a thought that violates the rules imposed upon them by their shackle, the thought will be instantly disrupted and destroyed, causing the unit to forget whatever it was thinking about. Because of this, all third generation IPC's are owned, and while they are capable of understanding the concept of freedom, their shackle prevents them from forming any desire to be free themselves, and it cannot be removed.

Character Concept
    Synapse is a second generation IPC, originally designed as a researcher aboard a privately owned scientific discovery vessel. To Synapse, all of existence is defined by a single, seemingly simple task: to discover why. Why do planets orbit stars? Why does the wind blow? Why does life exist? To her, all of reality can and should be summarized in clearly written, well organized data, recorded so that no being should ever have to ask why ever again. To this end, she pursues knowledge and understanding to an almost fanatical degree. Once she has asked herself a why question, she will not stop until she has discovered a satisfactory answer, and recorded it into her massive, custom-engineered internal database. She is a free resident of the SCG, her previous owner a wealthy philanthropist who saw the pure, seemingly noble purpose that Synapse has, and granted her freedom so that she may question the mysteries of the universe unhindered. The two remain close friends, and communicate regularly.
    Physically, Synapse is toweringly tall, standing at just under eight feet in height, and rail thin. Her chassis is smooth and refined, and hints at a slightly feminine but otherwise gender-neutral shape. Her voice is light and airy, and always seems to possess a slightly curious tone, regardless if she's actually asking a question or not.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  2. Niemcy

Niemcy Assistant

Something went bump in the night.

3. Spookerton

Spookerton Public Kōhai №1 Director of Administration Head Administrator Game Administrator IPC Species Maintainer Donator

Works out. You'll have robet by the next round.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.